- Detail Images
Train like you mean business.
Carbon fiber has changed every facet of the bike industry. From frames to helmets and now even garments. The Hincapie Metric Bib Shorts utilize carbon fibers to provide compression and reduce body temperature to help you ride at your best. The carbon fibers in question are woven into a material called Resistex Carbon. Research has shown that the material can lower body temperature by 3 percent and heart rate by 4 bpm to keep you cooler and further from your threshold.
Abrasion-resistant panels replace the traditional Lycra panels where the bibs come in contact with the saddle to make your investment as long-lasting as possible. Silicone gel-grippers keep the flatlocked hem from riding up your thigh, and the Elastic Interface Technology chamois will keep you comfortable on the longest rides thanks to its multi-thickness, high-density foam. A central perineal channel helps relieve pressure to sensitive tissues while the microfiber cover prevents bacterial growth.
The bibs themselves feature a lightweight polyester that is perforated for superior ventilation and wicking. They’ll help keep you dry even on humid days. Reflective trim on the legs will keep you visible even in low-light situations.
The Hincapie Metric Bib Shorts are Black and come in five sizes from Small to XX-Large.
- A blend of durable AT2 Force and Lycra Power fabrics provide compressive support and supple stretch
- Lycra Power fabric provides excellent structure and compression for a compact fit and wicks moisture for all-day comfort
- Schoeller ColdBack technology reflects heat away from the body to regulate temperature and provides SPF 50-rated sun protection
- ABR Resistor panel inserts in the saddle help reduce friction
- Anatomical Hincapie Metric Chamois features E.I.T. Max fabric and perforated foam for exceptional wicking and comfort
- Reflective treatment helps keep you visible during night rides
Share your thoughts
Great for Tall Riders
I'm 6'4" 205 lbs fairly muscular. I had a hard time finding bibs that were long enough in the inseam, with long enough straps but also form fitting enough to work well at my height. The long, wide, stretchy straps on these bibs make them ideal for a taller rider. I'm wearing a Large (L).
The fabric also breathes great, and the chamois is the most comfortable I've tried (including Pearl Izumi P.R.O., Capo Martello). Reflective highlights are a nice touch.