- Detail Images
Lycra Power compression fabric has been demonstrated to improve performance. In helping to flush lactic acid from the legs and support fatigued muscles, a great pair of bibs can turn good form into amazing form. On this note, the Hincapie Power Bib Shorts use Lycra Power panels for the majority of their construction. And just in case they become your go-to shorts, abrasion-resistant panels are added in the areas where saddle wear tends to be a problem, giving them additional life.
The Hincapie Power Chamois uses Elastic Interface Technology including multi-thickness, high-density foam, a central perineal relief channel, seamless construction, and a microfiber cover. The result is a chamois that provides excellent comfort, even on rides that last longer than three or four hours.
Hincapie gel-grippers keep the flatlocked hem in place, and reflective trim will keep you visible whether you ride at dawn or dusk.
The Hincapie Power Bib Shorts come in five sizes from Small through XX-Large. They're available in two colors -- Coldblack and Graphite.
- Lycra Power fabric provides excellent structure and compression for a compact fit, and wicks moisture for all-day comfort
- Comfortable, quick-drying VelociTek mesh upper wicks moisture away from the body
- Schoeller ColdBack technology reflects heat away from the body to regulate temperature and provides SPF-50-rated sun protection
- ABR Resistor panel inserts in the saddle help wick moisture and keep you cool
- Anatomical Hincapie Power Chamois features E.I.T. Max fabric and perforated foam for exceptional wicking and comfort
- Hincapie Gel-Grip leg bands prevent the shorts from shifting during your ride
- Reflective zones help keep you visible during night rides
Share your thoughts
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
- Fit: Runs large
I bought these on sale so the value can not be beat. Very high quality construction, with a great chamois. They do run a little big which is good for
me I am 6ft 250lbs and the XXL fit fine.
I really like these, but other people will hate the fit. They seem to run big, especially in the leg openings, which is where I usually find other shorts are too tight on me. The size chart on Backcountry is definitely not the same as on the Hincapie website, which would seem to be the accurate one. Other than that, they are well made with a nice chamois and I may buy another pair or two.
If you can snag these on sale, they're a worthwhile addition especially if you have a more "American" build. I have narrow hips but a wide waist. They also seem kind of large in the thigh. I bought a large because I have a 36 waist (large is 36), but I have 39 hips and these measure around 42 there. So they fit me kind of like a sack of potatoes. Not compressive. But the chamois is quite nice and the fabric is ok and they feel good on the bike. I think the mediums would be too small. I will avoid this brand in the future due to the fit, but these are fine for someone who rides every day and doesn't want to do laundry twice a week (me). On sale I'm happy. At full price, this would be a return, but you might think differently if the fit was good for you.
How does this style/model (Power bib)...
How does this style/model (Power bib) compare to the Equipe (which I love)? I am looking for something w/out color. Thanks.