- Detail Images
Give your hands the gift of weather-resistant gloves this year.
- Water-resistant, durable impregnated army goat leather and impregnated cowhide aniline help shield your hand and fingers from winter's mind-numbing elements
- Removable wool terry and wool pile liner helps insulate your digits and keeps them warm on frigid days
- Seams on the outside give you added comfort and increased dexterity
- Neoprene cuffs and Hestra handcuff style protect your wrists from the wet and cold and secure the gloves securely to your wrists
Share your thoughts
No wool liner
- Familiarity: I gave it as a gift, but have feedback to share
- Fit: True to size
Got these for my girlfriend and had to send them back. Thought they would be warmer since it says they have a wool liner, but it is just a synthetic fleece. They may be decent gloves, but not what is described here.
Not bad, however,...
I have these gloves (for a good deal on SteepAndCheap.com), but I don't use these gloves as much as the Flylow gloves I have. They are solid, I got them for the right price, but I would not pay $100+ for them. The Flylow gloves $30-40 & work just as well. These gloves are little tougher for colder days, if they are on sale at a solid price, go for them. Nothing wrong with have a few pairs of gloves at your disposal for different style of days. If you want a everyday glove I would go with the Flylow gloves, these are nice if you want something a little beefier, but you don't want spend too much & lose valuable beer money.
What is the difference (besides the gauntlet)...
What is the difference (besides the gauntlet) between this and the heli?
These have a wool liner and the Heli have a waterproof membrane whereas these use just the leather to keep moisture out.
There seems to be some confusion regarding this glove. Backcountry has an incorrect description listed above. I think the description above is for the hestra guide glove. So to set the record straight -
Except for the shorter cuff this glove is virtually the same as the heli. It uses a synthetic liner (not wool) which is removable. The liner is exactly the same as that included in the heli glove. Army leather in palm and fingertips (no cowhide). It does not use outseams (for example seen on the vertical cut or seth model).
I just ordered a pair and they are great gloves. The cuff has been slightly revised compared to last year. The zipper was removed. Now there is a single strap with velcro to secure the cuff.
What does the palm of the glove look like?...
What does the palm of the glove look like? and the under side of the cuff?