- Detail Images
Holds back the storm; not you.
- Waterproof breathable HellyTech 02 3-ply fabric repels rain, snow, and severe winter storms, and allows your excess heat and sweat to evaporate
- Narrow seam tape utilizes thin and light materials to create a pliable, water-tight seam and reduce garment's overall weight
- Water-resistant front zipper blocks prevents rain and melting snow from sneaking in through the front closure
- Underarm vents lend airflow and help increase evaporation when you work up a sweat
- Wrist gaiters, adjustable wrist cuffs, and a drawcord hem help prevent snow and cold from coming in
Share your thoughts
Don't bother with this jacket
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
- Fit: True to size
I bought this jacket 6 months ago and used it sparingly as a light shell. Due to its light orange colour it quickly dirties and has been washed twice. Recently I was outside in steady rain for about 15-20 minutes and upon removing the jacket, found the inside damp and marked with dark patches where water was saturating its way through. Most of these non gortex items claim to be the next big thing...they claim to be waterproof yet breathable. News flash...anything requiring DWR or advertised as breathable is NOT waterproof. I don't want to have to pay big $$ for a jacket only to have to spray or wash it in a DWR type product. Tech jackets are overrated and I am severely disappointed with this HH product. I have since purchased the Marmot Minimalist which will be my very first true gore jacket - time will tell if it will meet expectations. The closest to waterproof I have ever gotten is the Marmot Precip jacket which almost every line carries a similar style of. They are inexpensive and usually last a full season of heavy use.
Odin Guiding Light Jacket Review
Dave Ahrens of Mountain Madness reviews the Odin Guiding Light Jacket.
The Odin line is top of the line for Helly Hansen who is known for their storm gear. This jacket is great for touring when you need the best you can get. It keeps you dry and has all the venting you would need and is also constructed amazingly. If you are looking for a quality jacket this is it!
Helly Hansen HellyTech Professional Fabrication
See all the features and benefits of HellyTech Professional proprietary fabrication used in the construction of the Odin Guiding Light jacket.