Keep the water out.
- Waterproof breathable fabric means you stay dry without feeling sweaty and stifled beneath this skirt
- Reinforced deck and high-wear areas create superior durability
- Double stitching and seam sealing improve overall weatherproofing
- Implosion bar prevents the top of this skirt from folding into the cockpit when it's hit with a powerful blast of surf or water
- Four deck tie-off loops and a one-size-fits-all neoprene band keep your skirt securely attached to your boat
Share your thoughts
Seemed a bit loose, but works just fine.
- Gender: Male
- Familiarity: I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
This is the second Harmony spray skirt I have purchased. The first was a different model for a different kayak, a Harmony Gripper Ultralite spray skirt, size 39x19.
I ordered this Harmony Synthesis in size 42x23 for my Current Designs Kestrel 140 kayak. Second day delivered just as promised, no problems there.
When I fitted the spray skirt to the kayak, I noticed it was a bit loose. Cinching up the elastic drawstring knot a bit, I was able to tighten it up a little, but still at the front of the sprayskirt it comes loose a little too easily. The Gripper Ultralite sprayskirt fits perfectly, though being a little bit smaller might have something to do with it.
In use, however, the spray skirt did just fine. With a little bit of use, the fabric gets broken in a bit and fits better.
It does keep water out, which is what it is designed to do. Works just fine.
Personally, I remove the little bungee cord on top of all my spray skirts. I would rather have unobstructed access to the zippered pocket than have the ability to lash a small object to the sprayskirt. I keep a small drybox in the pocket with my gps or cell phone, for ready access.
Good Spray skirt nice and dry
I used this in the spring for some late winter early spring trips and day trips. What I liked is the material is waterproof so it keeps the cockpit dry and the webbing on the front is great fro keeping a bottle or bailout right there. There is also a pocket for important equipment on the front of the spray deck which is convenient. What I don't like is that this does not have shoulder straps which I prefer. I feel strapless tend to scoot down over time and you have to play the pull up game. Other than that this is fully adjustable and within slated size ranges and offers great cockpit protection so you stay nice and dry on the inside of the compartment. I am 5'10" about 165 and go with the 38/20 which fits me perfect.