Hardy Moran Cane Series Fly Rod - 2 Piece
Handmade bamboo rod for the ultimate fishing experience.
Designed, developed, and hand-crafted in Alnwick, England by master rod builder Tom Moran, the Hardy Moran Cane Series 2-piece Fly Rod sets a new standard for top-quality, handmade bamboo rods. The building process begins with hand-splitting the finest Tonkin bamboo reeds and then selecting only those pieces flawless enough to bear Tom Moran's name. Each successive step in your rod's construction is predicated on Hardy's 140 years of rod-building experience as well as Tom's painstaking attention to detail. There's a reason why the world's top anglers demand the precision and smoothness that only handmade bamboo can provide—a reason that you'll fully understand once you feel the Moran's forgiving medium action and silky-smooth follow-through in the palm of your hand.
- Two-piece rod composed of split Tonkin bamboo, Permali wooden joint protectors, and Hardy's crystal-clear finish
- Kit comes with two identical (mirrored) tip blanks to improve your rod's overall longevity
- Hand-filed, heat-pressed nodes deliver extra strength and a classic bamboo look
- Medium-progressive action lends a moderate flex during casting for extra versatility and forgiveness
- Highly polished hardwood spacer is handpicked to match the finish of each rod
- Blued, lacquered nickel silver fittings and silk wraps with single tipping are lightweight, strong, and add a luxurious-looking accent to the bamboo blanks
- Custom Moran-style swelled butt and top-quality Hardy Bros Flor-grade cork handle lend extra confidence during casting
- A Cigar handle gives you a more delicate feel while you’re fighting a fish
- Titanium Carbide butt guide and black nickel intermediates and tip promote silky smooth casting
- Hand-scripted detailing lets you know that your rod is truly one of a kind
- Included cloth rod bag, alloy tube, and solid brass end caps protect your investment during transport and storage
- Handmade in Alnwick, England by Tom Moran