Select your style & size:Select options
Protecting populations for future generations.
- Shallow pan catch-and-release net design lets you send your catch home after a quick photo op
- Knotless rubberized mesh prevents harm to the fish during landing as compared to older nylon mesh nets
- Amboyna Burl spacer is durable and rustic-looking
- Magnetic net release for easy cleaning
- 360-degree brass swivel clip and detachable lanyard
- Included measurement scale in inches and centimeters
- Item #HDY0030
- Q & A
Not a fan
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
I wasn't happy with this net. First off, the net bag is not rubber like many others on the market right now, but a mesh net with a rubber coating. This is better than the old nylon nets, but still offered tons of opportunities for tangles. Additionally, the wood handle split after about a season of use. Maybe that is just the dry utah climate, but it made the net less fun to handle.
The net is super deep, but I think it is overkill unless you are bringing in massive massive fish.
I donated this net to my friend after being frustrated with it on a recent trip.
Customer: "What is the benefit to rubber...
Customer: "What is the benefit to rubber netting instead of traditional mesh?"
Rubber has multiple benefits over mesh. Trout are sensitive creatures, so if you plan on catch and release fishing, you want to return the fish to the water in the best possible shape. The rubber protects the slime-coating on the fish and greatly reduces mortality rate. Even if you don't care about the fish, rubber is still the way to go! How many times have you caught a fish and then spent the next 15 minutes trying to get your fly out of the annoying nylon mesh. With rubber hooks dont get caught or stuck.