Select your style & size:Select options
The GSI Outdoors Glacier Stainless Commuter Java Press is a French press and mug that fits in your backpack or your car's cup holder. Fill the external shell with ground coffee and hot water, then press the internal shell into the external for the freshest coffee you can possibly drink. Its high vacuum insulation keeps your coffee warm for up to 15 hours.
- A French press/mug combo for camping and commuting
- Stainless steel construction is equal to fireside abuse
- Insulated for up to 15 hours of warmth
- Sliding lid reduces spills on the go
- Item #GSI001I
- Q & A
French press coffee on the go
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
I purchased this thing a couple weeks ago and I absolutely love it. It really gives you great coffee on the go, its way easy to use. It keeps your coffee nice and warm for at least a couple hours. It's no harder to clean than a regular french press. And it just seems to be very durable.
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
I like it
French Press in Disguise
- Familiarity: I gave it as a gift but have feedback to share
Coffee continues to extract while in contact with water, so without a way to get rid of the grounds after some time, this java press appears to be more appropriately used as a french press in disguise before serving into a separate mug--unless you don't mind really strong, bitter coffee. Alternatively, this could be a nice mug for herbal teas like chamomile or chrysanthemum, but teas like greens or blacks will bitter when steeped for too long.