- Community Images
When you feel the screaming barfies start to come on and you're 30 feet above your last piece, trust the speed and efficiency of the Grivel 360 ER Ice Screw for a quick, confidence-inspiring placement. Unlike most ice screws, all of Grivel's screws have reversed threads
that increase their resistance against extraction for superior strength
that you'll appreciate when you're on the verge of falling. The 360 wire handle can be lifted away from the surface of the ice when obstructions prevent a normal rotation, allowing you to quickly place the 360 where other screws just won't fit.
- Compact wire handle can be lifted away from the surface of the ice and turned freely when obstructions prevent a normal rotation
- Sharp bite and easy starting design make the 360 ideal for quick one-handed placements
- Super-slick finish prevents ice from clogging the core
- Inverted thread provides increased extraction resistance
- Hydrodynamic thread design ensures easy penetration in even the hardest ice
- Available in three different sizes for a variety of placements
Share your thoughts
Everyone needs at least one of these.
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
These screws are great for anchors and v-threads, and the new design racks well. Wouldn't be ideal for lead climbing, but really useful and quick almost everywhere else.
Hear what's changed as Grivel has updated the 360 screws including making the hanger larger and increased the tooth depth. Video also talks about the "reverse threading" of Grivel's screws.
If you want to see picture differences of the old and new screws hangers (and reverse threading) the blogpost here can help: http://blog.weighmyrack.com/details-grivels-2014-ice-gear/
supper ice srews
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
these screws just sink into the ice. with its new lever in a matter of seconds you can place it.
i hace the 16 version and works great.
all my friends ask me all the time if i would sell them my set ahahaha, they all love them
just received 4 screws and BEWARE!!!!
the screws sent aren't the ones in the picture. I received the NEW 360s with the much larger hanger/head. Now you can't clip either side . The hanger is now a teardrop, its no longer square.
What does "360 ER" mean? Is there an "ER"...
What does "360 ER" mean? Is there an "ER" version vs a "non ER" version? Grivel website makes no mention of it.
Also, does the color of the handle changes with the lenght (red = 12cm, black = 16cm, yellow = 20cm) ?
3rd question: do they come with the tip protector?
The only question that I can answer is your second one, and you are correct. http://www.outdoorgearlab.com/Ice-Screw-Reviews/Grivel-360