- Community Images
If you send junior on his first backpacking trip with an oversized, hand-me-down external-frame pack, it might be his or her last backpacking trip. Help your kid have a good experience with the fully featured Gregory Wander 70 Kids' Backpack. The VersaFit suspension adjusts to perfectly fit a range of youth torso sizes, and the wishbone wire frame provides enough support to comfortably shoulder up to 35 pounds of gear.
- VersaFit suspension features a fully adjustable back panel and waist belt to perfectly fit a range of youth torso sizes, ages 10 and up
- Wire Wishbone frame provides enough support for Junior to comfortably carry loads up to 35 pounds
- Aero-mesh materials on the shoulder straps, belt, and back panel increase comfort and ventilation
- Top access allows for easy packing while the large U-shaped front zipper provides easy access to gear
- Hydration reservoir sleeve with tube port allows your kid to quench thirst on the go (reservoir not included)
- Large front pocket provides quick access to a puffy or rain jacket
- Side mesh pockets stow water bottles
- External daisy chains provide versatile attachment points
- Trekking pole attachment point stows walking poles or a fishing rod
- Integrated rain cover keeps gear dry in stormy weather
- Packing tips listed on the underside of the top pocket help junior correctly pack and balance the load
- Gregory designed this pack for youth ages 10 and up
Share your thoughts
- Familiarity: I gave it as a gift, but have feedback to share
Purchased this for my 10 yr old son so that we could start some winter backpacking. Started looking at cheaper packs, but when I saw that Gregory had a youth pack I was pretty much set on the Wander Pack.
Thought that it made sense to go with the 50 vs the 70, but like I said it was for some winter camping. When the 50 arrived, I could not fit the winter sleeping bag (which is unfortunately not very compactable) in the pack to my liking. Was able to return it for the 70 (with absolutely no hassle) and equipment packed perfectly. My son used the pack on the AT this New Years Eve and he loved it.
Just enough features, comfortable, and he wants to go out again. In choosing the size (XS/S vs M) I went with the larger since he was just on the torso cusp. After getting back home I once again switched it out for the XS/S. The XS/S still has much room for adjusting with growth and the M at the lower end was a bit too long. Again, the exchange was effortless and no hassle.
Just another great Gregory product and great customer service from Backcountry....my new source for backpacking gear.
Wander - Youth Backpacking
Designed to meet the unique needs and demands of the youth market, the Wander is a fully-sized and fully-featured backpack series for ages 10 and up. Fit and comfort are at the forefront of Gregory's design philosophy, and that holds true with the Wander? line. This pack allows youth to forget about the load on their back and focus on the true outdoor experience.
Wander - VersaFit Suspension System
VersaFit technology provides classic Gregory fit, even as the child grows, ensuring that their early years of backpacking lead to many more. Through time-tested body fitting geometry and true load transfer to the hips, these packs allow for a comfortable experience for youth in the backcountry.