Ropes you into carrying lots of gear, but won't punish you for it.
- Fusion LTS suspension system uses a pre-curved waistbelt, Wraptor Stabilizer lumbar and lower back support, and a removable framesheet coupled with a single removable aluminum stay that keeps the pack from barreling under weight
- Wraptor Stabilizer pulls the pack back panel towards the lumbar area to evenly distribution weight and reduce bounce when you're moving quickly
- Open the pack from the top all the way down to the tool loops at the base and load larger items easily thanks to long zippers and the roll-top access
- Side attachment points allow you to carry your tools or poles using the compression webbing or by using the elastic cord
- Loops for your ice axe or trekking poles are adjustable and tuck away when not in use so you don't snag something unexpectedly on approach
- Side and top compression straps help you cinch down any extra room to keep your pack streamline
Share your thoughts
A little awkward
Pros: full length zip allows easy access. very comfy and excellent fit thanks to the many adjustable options.
Cons: Will not stand up while loading it. Difficult to roll the top when full. Lid pocket too small. Too many straps!
I bought it because I loved the bigger Z pack and I wanted a smaller pack for shorter climbing outings. I should have chosen a simpler one. Maybe it is just me but I find this model a little over complicated for a climber.
Good and Bad
I love that the pack opens up wide to get access to climbing gear. The one thing I don't like is the roll top design. I'm used to being able to click the top then cinch down, this pack does not have clips, just the straps. So you have to raise each side up as you loosen the top; kind of a pain. Everything else on it is bombproof.