- Community Images
Light weight plus all the goodies.
How much time do you waste at camp digging through your pack for one small item? How often do you have to completely unload your pack and then load it back up because all your gear is in one huge pocket? Rejoice–those days are over. The Gregory Contour 60 Backpack is big enough for a multi-day backcountry adventure and light enough to allow you to move fast for miles. Unlike most lightweights, however, the Contour 60 is a full-featured pack. With tons of organizational features and a world-class compression system you won't find yourself wasting hours at camp re-packing your gear every night.
- The Response LT waist belt auto-adjusts to your unique body shape for perfect load distribution
- Wire Wishbone frame is lightweight, sturdy, and provides effective load transfer to the lumbar region
- Integrated cross-stay helps the pack maintain its shape under heavy loads
- Comes in small, medium, and large for a perfect custom fit
- Four-layer Monobond harness for support and comfort
- Contoured back panel with integrated ventilation and breathable back panel to keep you cool and dry during warm-weather hikes
- Full back panel access for easy loading, unloading, and organization
- 420D and 100D Robic fabrics with water-resistant UTS coating for optimum balance of light weight and durability
- Integrated rain cover for total protection
- External hydration sleeve attaches directly to the internal frame for separation of water and gear
- Hydration reservoir is not included
- Side stash security pocket, stash pocket on underside of top lid, Large front dump pocket, twin oversize side pockets, Dual waistbelt pockets
- 2-stage compression on lower bag and over top of bag for a tight, secure load
Share your thoughts
Great lightweight pack
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
My experience with the Contour 60 has been very good. Among many of the "4 pound" packs in the 60L range, this is as good as you'll find, likely along with the Deuter 50+10.
The Contour will appeal to people who really... REALLY like to organize their stuff. It has 13 pockets and seemingly as many straps, creating (in my opinion) a somewhat busy appearance. That's all personal preference, I just like something a bit simpler.
The Contour hip and side pockets are well thought out for how most people might use them. The suspension is VERY capable and comfortable, and likely is the best feature of the pack, in line with Gregory's reputation for competently carrying heavy loads. Gregory claims this pack can carry up to about 40-43 pounds, I would agree.
While the pack is made with quality materials, it also suffers from less durable materials, as is the case with most lighter weight gear. That means you have to treat it with more respect than backpacks of the past; blindly crashing through tree limbs, tossing the pack on the ground and dragging it around, you'll get punished for that. Good or bad, that seems to be trend with a lot of outdoor products now, and this pack follows suit.
Overall though, if your load is in that 40-45 pound range, this is as comfortable as you're likely to carry it. Not really for me, but a five star product nonetheless.
Not so Neon
Originally picked up the blue version from a local store (MEC) to test the fit and feel of the bag then I saw it on sale at backcountry so returned it and placed an order for the yellow. The Yellow is not as neon or "electric" as you might think but a much more tame regular yellow. The hip belt pockets are a tad small and odd shaped. The water bottle pockets probably won't work for you if you use a big nalgene as a full pack takes away a lot of the room. You have to be pretty flexible to reach all the easy access compartments but overall the bag is quite comfortable.
MEASURING YOUR TORSO LENGTH AT HOME
Easy and helpful guide to measuring yourself for the right size backpack...
Trail Smart Packing System
The Trail Smart? Packing System is an innovative way to organize your gear inside the pack. Three distinct packing zones let you separate your trail gear from the camp items you need only at night, as well as position frequently grabbed essentials at your fingertips. Each section is designed to allow for easy access to the gear when you need it and distribute the weight properly for intuitive packing and a comfortable carry.
Contour & Cairn -Lightweight Backpacking
A backpacking break-through: lightweight, perfect fit and innovative organization and gear access. We've taken all we know about backpacks to the next level with this intuitive line of packs. The Contour and Cairn were built with a mandate of precise Gregory fit and the magical 4 lb weight. Enjoy the trail even more with efficient access to what you need, when you need it.