- Community Images
An intuitive weekend backpack that makes getting to your essentials a cinch.
You won't need to empty out your entire pack for one item midway through your hike when you're carrying the Gregory Women's Cairn 58 Backpack. Thanks to its intuitive TrailSmart Packing System, you have multiple pocket options, so you're not constantly digging through your pack for that rain jacket, water bottle, camera, extra layer, tool, or snack.
- Women-specific Response LT suspension system offers an ideal blend of fit, comfort, and lightweight construction
- Harness features a MonoBond Architecture with thermo-molded, four-layer construction for additional weight savings while maintaining ideal shape for comfort
- Response LT Auto-Fit waist-belt custom aligns with your hip angles for proper load transfer and superb fit
- Aero-mesh fabric and ventilated air channels on back panel and waist-belt for added breathability, moisture management, and cool air venting
- Lightweight and sturdy wire wishbone frame provides optimal load transfer onto your hips
- 58-liter backpack comfortably holds up to 45 pounds of your weekend backpacking gear
- Top access stashes your camp gear and positions your stuff close to your back for ideal weight distribution
- UTS coating (silicone based coating) throughout the pack makes the pack waterproof without making it brittle and does a solid job of bonding with the fabric's fibers instead of just sticking to the top of them
- 420D and 100D Robic fabrics are tougher and more resistant to abrasion than nylon 6 fabric for improved longevity
- Integrated, coordinating rain cover for convenience
- External hydration sleeve attaches directly to the internal frame
- Trail-Smart packing system supplies a top-access main compartment for your gear, a large front dump pocket for your rain jacket, first aid kit, and lunch, and multiple On-the-Go gear pockets for your small essentials
- On-the-Go gear pockets consist of a side stash security pocket, a stash pocket on the underside of the top lid, a top pocket, twin oversize side pockets, and dual waist-belt pockets
- Two-stage compression on lower bag and over main top opening secures your pack load and helps to evenly distribute the pack's weight
Share your thoughts
- Gender: Female
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
I have used the Carin for several 4-5 day backpacking trips and have been very impressed with its performance. The Carin is easy to pack and my gear is easily organized. I love how I can readily access essential items while hiking without having to remove the pack. My camera, water bottle, snacks and trail map are easily accessible. I am very petite and and the XS fits me prefect. I have carried loads maxing out at 28 pounds and found the Carin to be very comfortable. The more I use this pack, the more I love it. It is very durable.
Wish it worked out...
- Familiarity: I returned this product before using it
I really hoped that this pack would work out. It's lightweight and roomy with some great design features. At 5'1" and 95lbs, the XS was the right size for me. However, when packed out to 35lbs, it wasn't comfortable. The shoulder straps are thin and stiff, so they dug into my armpits, and overall the suspension/support just wasn't comfortable. Both the 65L and 55L in the Osprey Ariel series worked much better. Those packs are heavier, but carrying 35 lbs is so much more comfortable in those packs. I ended up going with the 55 because the 65 towers over me too much (Gregorys are wider...Ospreys are taller), and I really didn't need all that space in a true backpack. I would say that if you are looking at the Cairn for travel, the XS would probably fit as a carry-on if you utilize the compression straps. However, if you're looking for a "backpack" type bag for travel, I'd recommend the Gregory Stash. It is super lightweight, easy opening, comfortable straps, and fits as a carry on (I used the 65L and bought two compression straps).
TRAIL SMART PACKING SYSTEM
The Trail Smart? Packing System is an innovative way to organize your gear inside the pack. Three distinct packing zones let you separate your trail gear from the camp items you need only at night, as well as position frequently grabbed essentials at your fingertips. Each section is designed to allow for easy access to the gear when you need it and distribute the weight properly for intuitive packing and a comfortable carry.
CONTOUR & CAIRN - LIGHTWEIGHT BACKPACKIN
A backpacking break-through: lightweight, perfect fit and innovative organization and gear access. We've taken all we know about backpacks to the next level with this intuitive line of packs. The Contour and Cairn were built with a mandate of precise Gregory fit and the magical 4 lb weight. Enjoy the trail even more with efficient access to what you need, when you need it.
MEASURING YOUR TORSO LENGTH AT HOME
Easy and helpful guide to measuring yourself for the right size backpack...