- Community Images
From ultralight backpacking trips to alpine climbs.
The Granite Gear Leopard A.C. 58 Backpack combines the lightweight construction and design of an ultralight pack with the versatility and features you need for alpine climbing. While the Leopard A.C. 58 pack might weigh a few more ounces than ultalight packs like the Osprey Exos 58, the extra features make it a great fit for alpine climbs and hikes where you might want to bring crampons or your ice axe. The Lepoard's Vapor Current suspension system maximizes airflow to help keep you cool when you're headed into warmer climates and summer backpacking trips, and it's lightweight dual-density foam boots comfort while keeping weight low.
- Vapor Current suspension system utilizes dual-density foam shoulder straps and air channels in the back panel that increase airflow and evaporation to keep you cool
- Removable die-cut HDPE frame sheet can support up to 40 pounds while keeping weight low
- Removable foam back panel cushions your back
- At just over three pounds, this pack can compete with ultralight packs while still giving you some of the extras you need for alpine climbing
- Roll-top access protects your gear from the weather even if you decide to leave the lid behind
- Removable lid, frame sheet, and back panel let you strip this pack down for a lighter load
- Cordura nylon construction is durable and tough enough seasons of use
- Hydration sleeve securely holds your reservoir
- Easy-access mesh side pockets hold water bottles, and two front zippered pockets hold maps, a rain cover, or other small necessities
- Siberian cinch gear loops on both the top and bottom of the bag make easy to attach or remove your ice axe
- Webbing straps on the front of the pack can be used to attack a crampon holster or climbing gear