Select your style & size:Select options
Uncompromising support and comfort.
With a simple yet sophisticated design the Granite Gear Women's Leopard V.C. 46 Backpack lets you carry your gear and goodies with full stability and support in padded, ventilated comfort. On minimalist backpacking or alpine trips, the ultralight Vapor Current suspension aids your sweat-prone back with light, durable foam with all-over air channels. A full-length framesheet adds weight-bearing support and load transfer to the hips. The hip-belt features tool loops and pocket for accommodating easy-access gear; multiple stretch mesh woven and top-flap pockets and gear attachments secure and organize your goods.
- Ultralight Vapor Current suspension system keeps you cool as possible with all-over air channels in a foam back for optimal ventilation and comfort
- Dual-density adjustable hip-belt comes in four sizes specifically for women to deliver superior fit and optimal comfort
- Dual-density adjustable shoulder straps provide load transferring comfort and support
- Full-length HDPE die-cut framesheet increases load capacity to comfortably support 35 pounds
- Ample carrying capacity for minimalist backpacking or fast-and-light alpine trips
- Top-flap access lets you pack up or retrieve goods without laying down the pack in the dirt or having your gear spill out
- Removable floating lid exposes roll-top pack for lighter loads
- Ultra-durable Cordura high-tenacity 100D and 210D nylon throughout protects your cargo and withstands rugged wear and tear
- Front stretch mesh pocket, two exterior side with pass-through compression straps, and dual hip-belt pockets secure essentials where you want them
- Hip-belt tool loops and pockets holds gear and essentials within reach
- Top flap is compatible with crampon holster
- Interior mesh lid and stretch woven front and wand pockets secure essentials; flap features axe cinches and two zippered pockets for quick-access items
- Torso size: (short) 15-18in, (regular) 18-21in
- Item #GRG3293
- Q & A
Granite Gear Leopard
- Familiarity: I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
Got this for my girlfriend to replace her old heavy backpack that didn't fit her well. She's used it on a 4 day trip and a 3 day trip and she loves it. I carry more of the common gear so this 46 L pack has more than enough space for her. If anyone might have complained about lack of pockets in Granite Gear's older backpacks then this should definitely satisfy them. Possibly more pockets than many people will need. Nice option is you can remove the "floating lid" (which also doubles as a large fanny pack if you have a belt) to shave some weight off. It's impressive how light the pack is even with all the pockets they've added. If you want to shave off more weight at the expense of pockets and don't mind a larger capacity pack then consider the Crown V.C.
Description above indicates "dual hip-belt pockets secure essentials where you want them" but I don't see any sort of pockets built into the hip belt. But you can buy Granite Gear detachable hip belt pockets that work with this.
On the sizing chart it measures from XS-L...
On the sizing chart it measures from XS-L but when purchasing the bag it only gives you Short or Regular options?? Would a size small 17.5"-18" Torso be a Short??? Thanks!