- Detail Images
Secure your clothes and essentials inside the Granite Gear Event SIL Compression DrySack. Ultralight shell material saves on weight, and the waterproof construction saves your clothes from wetness. Just stash your goods inside this bag, roll the top down, and all the air will escape through the eVent material at the bottom of the bag—talk about genius engineering.
- Shell is made of Sil-Nylon material that is durable, ultralight, easy to compress, and waterproof
- Bottom is made of waterproof breathable eVent material that allows air to escape from inside this bag when it's compressed
- Bag forms a block shape when fully compressed for packing
- Rolling stay gives the bag opening an arched shape that helps it stay open for easy loading and unloading
- Roll-top secures using a quick-clip buckle at the top
Share your thoughts
Good option combining LW & compression
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
I got one of these to replace a heavier Outdoor Research compression dry sack-type stuff sack for my sleeping bag. The GGear dry sack model I got is much less than half the weight of the OR product for a savings of several ounces.
The GGear bag is easy to use and, while I can't speak for its long-term durability compared to the a heavier dry sack like the OR product, it lasted very well on a recent 2 week trip and I expect to get many more trips out of it.
I think this is a good option that combines serious compression capability and reasonably light weight. I have since ordered a larger size GGear comp dry sack for a larger sleeping bag.
4 stars as I only have 14 days in the field with it and can't speak to its long-term durability.
Just About Great
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
Not a bad sack. The cinch strings are a bit annoying with the knots and tangles and such.
Stayed dry while going thru hell until a mouse chewed through it.