- Community Images
When the temps start to climb, just zip off the legs and keep on rolling.
Off-road bikers like you don’t hunker down when the warm, dry days of summer make way for cooler, wetter days of fall, winter, and spring. Make sure you’re ready for those not-so-great-weather rides with the Gore Bike Wear Countdown AS Pant. This pant is equipped with highly breathable, yet windproof Gore Windstopper Active Shell material to give your lower body the protection needed to perform at the level you need.
- Specifically designed for mountain bikers looking for protection in changing weather conditions
- Zip-open side mesh inserts provide maximum ventilation and minimizes a clammy feeling as you heat up
- Mesh lining promotes enhanced moisture control and enhances overall comfort during rides
- Loose fit, pre-shaped knees, and a high-cut back enhance comfort and mobility in and out of the saddle
- Wear-resistant seat reinforcement means this pant will last longer, providing you with protection from season-to-season
- Reinforcement on inside of legs protects against chain wear
- Pant legs zip off just above the knee
Share your thoughts
Water resistant, not repellent; but it breathes better than the G.oreT.ex products. If wearing the rain-proof gear such as the ALP-X GT pants or jackets, just wear a high quality, breathable jersey, tights, or base layer(s) underneath. This will help in the moisture condensation that may build up, and also help prevent chafing on the knees, etc.
With the *Windstopper fabric, this problem is virtually eliminated.
So, Gore always has something for every weather condition!
Showing how it basically works.
are these pants waterproof or water resistant...
are these pants waterproof or water resistant ?
WINDSTOPPER® garments are considered highly water resistant as they are not seam sealed like GORE-TEX® garments. However, water can not penetrate the fabric so you would need to be in a prolonged period of rain before it might seep through at the zippers or seams Dave - GORE BIKE WEAR
For real water-proof pants, go with Gore's ALP-X 2.0 GT pants, I have these and love them (and again, get a pants leg protector, since the bottoms of these pants are very baggy and can easily get caught up in the chain). Same goes for the jackets...ALP-X 2.0 GT...all the rest are simply H20 resistant; and why take chances if you're out for a long haul. Either stash easily in a hydration pack (I keep my jacket always rolled up in my pack, weather too changeable around here lately... "just in case"!
Note on the Pants, these are just a shell, you'll want to wear something underneath for comfort, and in winter, for warmth.
Hope this Helps.
Countdown AS Pant
Continued to be impressed with the Gore Bike Wear line of clothing - the only complaint is they should have allowed access to the pocket of the internal shorts - after all it is their brand too...