When it’s more than a trip, choose the Odyssey.
- Adjustable suspension follows the natural arc of the spine for an organic fit that really makes a difference through the miles
- Hip-belt is anatomically molded for medium or large waist sizes and comfortably takes the weight off your shoulders and back
- High-void mesh back panel, hip-belt, and shoulder straps mean more air between you and the pack (evaporative cooling) for a comfortable hike
- Top lid has integrated zip pocket on the body side and is removable when you need to shed 92g
- ComPACKtor system consists of compression straps on front and side that reduce the pack’s volume
- Side compression straps reach over the front of the Odyssey to carry a snowboard, sleeping pad, or snowshoes
- Sternum strap (w/ attached emergency whistle) secures the shoulder straps as you traverse the goat paths and rope bridges
- Load lifters and top compression straps put the weight where you want it for the long haul
Share your thoughts
How reputable is GoLite as a brand? Would...
How reputable is GoLite as a brand? Would it be better to pay more for a solid brand?
Go Lite is a great brand, but being it tries to get the lightest possible, some of the frills would likely not be offered. In a pack, it would be less inside material, so no pockets...etc
In something like a tent, I know they dont sell much more than a mesh screen, but if it is weight you are trying to shed, GoLite is great
I agree with Dwayne, GoLite is a top brand that specializes in very lightweight backpacks. My wife has one and it has been a very durable pack.
How does sizing work, I am usually on the...
How does sizing work, I am usually on the cusp between medium and large for women's packs.
There is no torso adjustment on this so you're stuck with the inch or two that adjusting the straps will give you. For a pack that size I'd recommend trying it on. You don't want to carry that kind of weight only to find out that the pack is ill fitting, especially the waist belt.
Jane, my wife found the sizing to be very consistent throughout the GoLite products. If you are between sizes I always recommend going up to the larger size.