- Detail Images
Off-the-grid power for cave or camp.
You love the wild outdoors, but there's no need to go full-caveman: mount the lightweight, tough-as-nails Goal Zero Nomad 13 Solar Panel onto your backpack, hang it in your car window, or position it anywhere at camp for clean, portable power and civilized fun. Charge up your cellphone, GPS, lights, or laptop for the ultimate in camp comfort and safe off-the-grid travel. Because while some people see the primitive appeal of sitting in the dark and cooking food you can't see in silence, most campers revel in turning power from the sun into sight, capability, and rowdy good times.
- State-of-the-art monocrystalline technology delivers more power per square inch than any other solar technology available
- Includes two extremely durable panels in a weather-resistant, impact-resistant folding envelope made of high-denier textile
- Reflective nylon loops make it easy to hang the panel from your backpack or in car window when you're on the go, or in any convenient spot in camp
- Built-in pocket protects your device as it charges
- Includes USB, mini-solar, and solar ports to charge your electronics directly or the Sherpa 50 Recharger (not included)
- Can be daisy-chained with up to three more Nomad 13 units to boost available power
- Optimal operating temperatures: 0° to 140°F (-17° to 48°C)
- Please note: will not store power for charging after dark; Sherpa 50 Recharger (sold separately) required for this
Share your thoughts
what does it mean that you cant charge...
what does it mean that you cant charge after dark? why do i need additional recharger kit? what are the benefits or drawbacks of just buying the solar panel?
This is a solar panel, which will power directly to a device, phone, mp3 player, etc, or to a recharger. A recharger is essentially a battery pack that can use a solar panel for charge during the day and then charge devices when the panel has no source of sunlight, at night.
I have the Nomad 7 panel and the Guide 10 Plus Recharger. Having the Recharger is nice because I can collect charge with it during the day if my devices are already fully charged, and use it charge those devices at other times.
The rechargers can also be charged using a USB port at home to give devices a quick recharge and then charged with a panel.
Nomad 13.... the SOLUTION!!!
This is my first year trying out the Goal Zero products and I am so glad that I decided to try them. All of the products have helped me carry on in the backcountry, without worry of ever running out of battery. This past April, the Nomad 13 kept our expedition charged up for 30 days in the great north of Alaska, allowing us to document the trip without any problems. Couldn't be happier!!!!