So comfy, cozy, and stylie they'll forget it's good for them.
Take the skate style to the slopes with the coolly brimmed Giro Kids' Vault Helmet. Your kid has attitude and a lot of fun; put some protection on that strong head with something that fits your ripper's style. The Vault's bold design and cool graphics house serious hard-shell protection without compromise. Precision fit, ample ventilation, and accommodating removable earpads make it so comfy your ski star will forget it's even there.
- Superstrong ABS hard-shell construction is molded then attached to the impact-absorbing EPS foam liner
- 8 Super Cool vents let the fresh air through
- Both In Form sizes feature an easy, ergo-friendly, superquick dial adjustability for a custom fit that also tunes vertical fit
- Super Fit engineering provides precise, anatomical head-hugging
- Removable earpads keep ears warm in colder weather and lets them fly free when it's warmer
- Certifications: CE EN 1077 and ASTM F2040, for peace of mind and safety
- Item #GIR0382
- Q & A
Great helmet for the little shredders..
- Familiarity: I gave it as a gift but have feedback to share
I bought this helmet for my 6 yo daughter who was in need of a replacement. She loved EVERYTHING about this helmet...so much so, that she vowed not to add stickers as those might 'slow her down". From the great 'coral' color to the fuzzy ear flaps and brim to keep the snow off her goggles (which work perfectly with this helmet).
Great for a little shredder....
Piece o' garbage
Went through two in three days of skiing. The plastic snap that attaches the goggle holder strap to the helmet broke on both. On the first wear for each. Truly a piece of trash. Don't waste your money.
Good styling/ Could be improved
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
The Giro Vault helmet has some great styling to it and is adequate for the job, but there are a few issues to be aware of. First off, inside the helmet there are a few plastic parts that are part of the fit system which can press against the head. Both my son and wife have complained about the same plastic part digging into their head. You can press the plastic back into place and this seems to eliminate the pressure point. Unfortunately this helmet can also produce the gaper gap if you aren't diligent about the fit, so be aware that a thin beanie underneath may be required.