Enjoy your long rides.
Giordana has migrated their FormaRed Carbon collection down to the lowest point on the human body: the feet. The same attention to detail, to fit, and to appearance has been given to the Short-Cuff Socks that you've come to expect from the line. The design complements all of Giordana's FR-C clothing, but is subtle enough to go with anything you own.
Giordana constructed these socks from Meryl Skinlife, a polyester fiber that includes a permanent antibacterial treatment that limits odors and other, less pleasant things that can go on when you're sweating in socks for too long. The socks are 65% Meryl, 31% polyester fiber, and 4% Lycra.
Because this is FR-C, the sock fits superbly. The yarn has been knitted to different densities for different regions of the foot: dense at the heel and toe, and meshy where you need your feet to breathe. To get the fit even more dialed, the socks are made specifically for your left and right feet.
Giordana offers these socks in three cuff lengths. These are the short-cuff socks, meaning they have a 5cm cuff with 2cm from heel to cuff.
The Giordana FormaRed Carbon Short-Cuff Socks come in Black/White, White/Black, White/Blue, and White/Red. They're available in sizes Small, Medium, and Large.
- Meryl Skinlife, a versatile and lightweight fabric, breathes when you ride hard and dries quickly when your feet start to sweat
- Nostatex Pure Silver fabric adds anti-static and antimicrobial properties to prevent odors from accumulating
- A contoured and snug fit adds support and comfort for the long haul
- Elastic-free cuffs won’t stretch after multiple washes
- Item #GIO0318
- Q & A
Does the job!
- Familiarity: I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
The "small men's" fit my size 7 women's feet nice and snug. I got a white/grey/red pair on sale. I will definitely be watching for other colors to go on sale to get a few more pairs. I only wish they didn't say "MEN" on the bottom of the feet (so that my husband and I wouldn't get our socks mixed up).