Select your style & size:Select options
Smooth, safe cutting in the backcountry or the backyard.
- Stainless steel blade's tooth pattern chews through all types of wood and resists bending and rust
- The 6.5in blade cuts small to medium branches to fit into your fire or stove
- Glass-filled nylon handle provides durability without adding a lot of weight
- Lash points on the bottom of the handle let you attach the saw to a branch or pole for cutting hard-to-reach dead branches
- Item #GER2687
- Q & A
Not that great
I used to have one of these saws a few years ago, and it was just ok. Its small and light, but so is the blade. When the blade gets bound up at all on the push stroke, it will bend. If you don't torque the little knob down really hard, the blade can just get pushed back into the handle. Honestly, branches that can be cut with this saw can be broken by hand. The blade is very sharp and the saw is easy to carry, but not all that useful.
Gerber slider saw is a huge fail
- Familiarity: I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
I bought this has a pack saw for hunting in the PNW. I tested it by cutting a small 2inch limb in my back yard and the blade flexed and snapped in half on about the fourth stroke. YMMV
Great for the price
Light, sharp, fast and highly effective for backpacking w/wood burning stove. Unless you're taking down some old widow maker out on the back forty who needs an axe or hatchet anymore. If you need to carry a saw into the backcountry this, for the price and quality, is highly recommended