Just another day mowing down pow in paradise.
- In tour mode the Ascent Elle pivots unrestricted on a stainless steel axle located 7mm in front of the pin line for an efficient, natural stride.
- In ski mode the Ascent Elle switches to a solid downhill rig that you can rely on
- An XMountain spring cartridge supplies the right amount of stiffness needed when you rip it up around the resort, and slack or backcountry
- Lightweight aluminum components help save weight and you energy on the uptrack
- Pole-activated climbing heel lifts provide 70mm of rise for the skin up
Share your thoughts
great binding, crappy heel-lift
these bindings are classic G3, awesomesauce tele bindings. the "tour" mode is great, and takes the cable tension off, so that you can pivot from the front of the toe with ease.
the heel-lift, however, should be redesigned. while on steep inclines, if a small amount of snow gets under the lift while pivoting from the toe, the next time you put your heel down, the block collapses *nearly-every-time*. the collapsing of the heel lift is enough to make you want to get a pair of Dynafits. seriously. G3, please redesign the heel-lift on this great binding.