- Detail Images
The Backcountry.com edition of the reliable AviTECH Shovel.
Backcountry professionals continue to make the G3 AviTECH Shovel their go-to choice for a shovel that's fit for both emergency rescue and precise snow study. This edition of the popular aluminum-blade shovel features the Backcountry.com goat logo, a unique touch that makes your snow tool stand out in the gear pile.
- Blade and shovel shaft are joined with a high-strength, TIG-welded tube for ultimate reliability
- 6061 T6 aluminum blade is tough enough to chop through rock-solid avy debris, ice, and heavy snow
- Blade features a flat shape that allows for more precise pit-digging and snow study
- Shaft telescopes to give you extra length for easier digging and to make the shaft shorter for easier packing
- Slots in the blade give you multiple anchor points to create a snow anchor or for rescue sled construction
Share your thoughts
Good cheaper snow mover
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
Works as it should, and for some reason way cheaper than the similar G3 branded one. Not super tight clearances on the fittings, which could go either way depending on ice buildup.
also does the actual shovel detach from...
also does the actual shovel detach from the shaft?
And yes, the shaft does detach
how sturdy is this shovel?(im concerned...
how sturdy is this shovel?(im concerned at where the middle of the shaft has the extendable/collapsible feature) it looks like a good design im just wondering about the durability and stability. has anyone used this before?thanks!
This is a sturdy shovel, and in case anything extraordinary were to happen, the telescoping handle can also be used in a 'short' mode in case one of the two sections were to break.
That way you have a backup system in place, just in case.