- Detail Images
Emergency situations in the backcountry happen fast, and that's why the G3 Backcountry.com 320 Speed TECH Probe is among your essential avy gear. The Quick Deploy mechanism allows this 10-foot 9-inch probe to be fully assembled and secured with one quick pull of a cable, saving you crucial seconds that could make all the difference. Plus, this probe has been branded with your favorite Backcountry.com Goat logo.
- Made from lightweight and durable 7001-T6 aluminum tubing
- Quick-deploy mechanism allows the pole to be assembled with a single pull of a cable
- High-strength aluminum ferrules are rigorously tested for reliable performance
- Speed Cone technology allows for quick assembly and increased cable durability
- Total extended length of just under 11 feet with 5mm increment markings on entire length of the pole
- Branded with the your favorite Backcountry.com Goat logo
Share your thoughts
Just Too Long
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
The probe works great and is well build, but I have yet to find a ski pack that is fits nicely in.
Not an expert but it works fits fine on my packs and has deployed fine on field test. Great for the price, just remember to carry it.
Good product, but too long.
The pull tab relies on elastic tension. I found the deployment to be pretty good and it looked like it would hold up just fine. The markings on the shaft were nice too. Unfortunately the pack length was too long for me (20" IF you can push the pull-tab below the end of it's shaft, which is awkward; otherwise it's 20.5"). The length is too long to fit in my day-trip backpacks (BD Covert and Bandit avi pockets, or a couple others) and is ~3" longer than any other probe that I've seen and/or used (several).
- Familiarity: I gave it as a gift, but have feedback to share
super quick to set up.
G3 speed tech
I sent it back . When you lock the end piece it can slip and slide on the rod, the cable loosens and the probe sections can get loose. I felt it would be a problem when you pull it up and down through the snow. The BAC probes lock tight and won't slip . Although I did to confirm a real test in the field.
- Gender: Male
- Familiarity: I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
Just got it today super stoked about the probe. The packaging sucked though, they put the probe in only its bag in a huge box with no packaging materials. REALLY BC?!
How is the packable length measured? I...
How is the packable length measured? I just got this off SAC and the segment lengths are 19.75" for the regular segments, and 20.5" for the handle segment...Definitely not close to 17.7 inches...
Confirmed - my measurements were the same. This is too long to fit in my BD backpack avi pockets, or my other similar packs.