- Detail Images
You have arrived.
- Integrated compass reminds you to Never Eat Soggy Waffles
- Lightweight silicone band with stainless steel closure is comfortable and strong
- For diving, surfing, and jumping off cliffs, the passage is water-resistant up to 100m
- Mineral crystal face is highly impact- and scratch-resistant
Share your thoughts
- Familiarity: I returned this product before using it
I ordered it and was pretty excited. I'm a watch guy and was looking forward to this one. When I got the watch I was disappointed to discover the compass didn't work at all. Not sure if this is a fixable problem but since the compass is really the only 'neat' feature on the watch I immediately sent it back.
It's a nice looking, durable watch, but has some major drawbacks.
1. It's huge and heavy. I knew the circumference of face would be rather large, but I expected it to be much thiner. The watch face protrudes so far that it makes it cumbersome to use the watch while wearing a jacket or even many long sleeved shirts.
2. The compass is horribly inaccurate. I use analog compass' all the time and know how sensitive they can be to pitch and tilt, but this one is simply worthless. Maybe mine is a dud?
3. No backlight or illumination of any kind. I should have paid more attention to how Backcountry.com classifies illumination because when I saw there was no backlight I assumed the hands would have some sort of luminescence, but alas there is none.