- Detail Images
Conquer the cold.
From frigid nights hopping bars to 15 inches of fresh fluff, zip up the FlyLow Gear Men's General Down Hooded Jacket for lofty warmth you can count on. While the 700-fill goose down provides nearly as much warmth as a bulky basecamp-style puffy, this jacket still maintains a low enough profile that you can easily layer it beneath a shell when nasty storms blow in. If you start to warm up too much, just use the underarm zips to cool off.
- Ultralight polyester ripstop shell material has a level 5 Dupont DWR finish for protection against light snow flurries and snowball fights
- 700-fill power goose down insulation provides warmth for freezing temperatures
- Stitch-through technology reduces the amount of fabric for lower weight and better packability
- Fixed hood increases warmth
- Six-inch underarm zips provide ventilation when you start to break a sweat
- Powder guard snaps keep snow off your belly when you're ripping turns
- Interior zipped pocket keeps valuables safely stowed
- Two front pockets warm up cold hands
Share your thoughts
The fill will outlast the shell
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
- Fit: True to size
I owned last years model trimmed in Red (about $187.50) and this years model in Orange which is now up to $250! The fill will last longer than the shell! Both model's quickly began to show signs of wear to the shell. First there is no justification for the increase in price, neither model has changed much and clearly they have not improved upon the shell. If you are looking for an 800 fill down puffy there's a better company out there that focuses on making gear to last and FlyLow ain't it!
Couple of Qs:
>How big are the inner...
Couple of Qs:
>How big are the inner pocekets? Will they fit skins?
> Does hood fit over helmet?
I figure it's Flylow so hopefully the answer is yes and yes
- Gender: Male
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
I am an avid skier who instructs and spends 80+ days a season on the mountain. I was really excited when I saw the FlyLow General Down jacket beginning of this season.
I purchased this jacket as a base layer and wore it under my parka most of this season. It is soft, warm, excellent hood, excellent fit, and light!
I experienced an issue to the jacket shell that began to show signs of wear. Little glossy spots that look like abrasions appeared around the pocket area. My issue seems to be an isolated incident, although given their responsiveness to the problem and willingness to correct it, I?d recommend this to anyone!
Although I experienced some issues I was able to contact FLYLOW?s warranty department and they took care of the issue immediately. This is a company on the rise and definitely one to watch out for!