It's both a water-friendly hiking shoe and a hiking-friendly water shoe.
A week or more on a river requires that you get wet, drink like a fish, and maintain a large appetite for the unknown. The Five Ten Savant Shoe ensures that you can paddle (or swim) through whitewater and still have the support for a five-mile hike into a side canyon to search for pictographs or old outlaw camps. While its quick-drying upper feels right at home in the water, its Stealth S1outsole gobbles up strenuous hikes.
- Nubuck leather upper provides durability while its breathable mesh drains water and encourages quick drying once you get out of the water
- Lightweight, quick-drying lining encourages breathability to prevent blisters
- Stealth S1 rubber outsole grips any trail condition so you can hike right out of the river
- Compression-molded EVA midsole cushions thousands of steps, and the integrated TPU plate provides support and stability even when you wear a pack
- Low-profile design allows swimming if you get dumped in the river while also permitting comfortable hiking
Share your thoughts
Excellent grip, comfy, airy
Same sole as on the legendary 5 10 Canyoneers but not so fat and clunky, with better fit (has laces instead of 2 buckles): Super sticky on slick wet surfaces, drains well/dries fast, and comfortable from day 1 on my feet. They run slightly wider than most shoes, which is perfect for me. I love them. Highly recommended for hiking and canyoneering, river-walking, canoe-packing, anything involving wet conditions.