- Detail Images
- Community Images
Gravity's worst enemy.
Some say the laws of physics are immutable, but the Five Ten Quantum Climbing Shoe is out to prove them wrong. The aggressively down-turned last shape and sticky Stealth Mystique rand allows this shoe to gobble up horizontal roofs and 45-degree boulders with ease. But unlike many steep-specific rock shoes, the Quantum also boasts a medium-stiff midsole and a Stealth Onyxx outsole that will crush dime edges after you pull the lip.
- Synthetic Cowdura uppers provide long-lasting durability with minimal stretch
- Full-length laces can be cinched down for a precise fit
- High-performance last shape with an aggressive downturn excels on severely overhanging terrain
- Medium-stiff midsole provides an ideal balance between sensitivity and edging power
- Low-volume heel design fits snugly for improved heel hooking performance
- Stealth Onyxx rubber on the outsole is slightly harder than other Stealth formulas for enhanced edging power
- Super sticky Stealth Mystique rubber on the rand improves toe-hooking performance
Share your thoughts
I wear a size 9 in Black Wings. Should I...
I wear a size 9 in Black Wings. Should I expect a size 9 in Quantums as well?
Could anyone comment on the sizing compared...
Could anyone comment on the sizing compared to the anasazi vvs, moccasym, dragons, or sportiva solutions?
I wear a 14B US (48 Euro) in street shoes, and I am consistently a 13-14 in every 5.10 shoe I've ever tried. Unfortunately for me, 5.10 shoes almost always run wide, the exception being the Blackwings/Dragons. I wear a 45 in Solutions, and a 44-45 (11-11.5 US) in most Sportiva shoes.
With regard to specific models, I have not, unfortunately, tracked down a pair of Quantums to try on yet. I called 5.10 and asked the same question you did, and they indicated that the toe box and heel would be similar to the Blackwings, but that the downturn was less aggressive. I'm still on the prowl for a pair to get on my feet; if that happens, I'll let you know!
Quantum physics major
You don't need to do Quantum physics to understand how rad these shoes are. The stealth onyxx rubber will allow you to grip to anything and everything. Very similar fit to the Five Ten Dragons I would say. You can definitely get a nice custom snug fit with the lace up as well.