Select your style & size:Select options
- Padded case features removable, padded internal dividers, rod straps, and a waterproof bottom
- Three laminated exterior pockets secure your personal items while you travel
- Three mesh interior pockets hold line, leader, tippet, and flies—in case the airlines lose the rest of your gear, you can still reel your catch in
- Item #FSH0016
- Q & A
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
I have three of these:
1. Trout setup for 0-6 weight rods, reels, extra lines, tippet and flies.
2. Steelhead/salmon setup for 7-9 weight rods, reels, extra lines, tippet and flies.
3. Saltwater setup for 8-12 weight rods, reels, extra lines, tippet and flies.
This is the perfect way to keep all your fish-specific gear together.
One word of caution. This rod and reel case is 31" long meaning it won't fit some longer spey and salmon rods over 10 feet especially if they have an extended fighting butt. Stick with rods under 9.5 feet and you'll be fine.
Great way to store gear.
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
For most of the year my fishing gear often lives in my Yakima box on my car, because you just never know when you're going to need it. This case is a great place to keep spare reels, spools, and a few of my four-piece rods that don't have hard cases. I also keep spare leaders, fishing journals, and granola bars in there, with plenty of room to spare. It's durable enough that I don't worry about anything getting crushed or broken, but also lightweight.