- Detail Images
The right size and shape for the deepness, and tough for everything else.
- Freeski Rocker Technology (early rise tip and tail) allows great flotation in deep snow while the camber underfoot grips groomed and variable snow
- Sandwich sidewall construction yields great rebound and a uniform, medium flex that doesn’t feel like a wet noodle underfoot
- The milled wood core features two carbon fiber I-Beams that run the length of the ski to provide a solid and smooth ride over less-than-perfect snow
- The Powder Hull technology in the tip slices through the fluff like a boat's hull, so you can slice through it during speedy descents into the white room
- At the tail, a concave ‘swallowtail’ design channels the snow behind so you get less resistance and more soul-quenching speed in soft snow
- The tail also features notches so you can easily attach skins before long tours
- A 94cm waist keeps you floating on top of the fluff but isn’t too bulky for touring over rolling hills or lapping the groomed snow between storms
- The traditional sidecut and medium turn radius suits semi-aggressive skiers who are always on the hunt for freshies
Share your thoughts
I skiied the Watea 98 today - loved how...
I skiied the Watea 98 today - loved how it did in the trees, the steeps, some moguls & some hard pack and Utah powder - I usually ski in Vermont, so play on ice and real hard pack - I am 5'4" 130 lb female - had the shortest length - 166 - I am replacing Rossi bandits 2X, 160 length - is there anything like the Watea 98 is a shorter length and can play on Stowe and Mad River Glenn, hold a strong edge as well as play in Utah powder?
Volkl Aura is your ski, available in 156 and 163. Will work on the Single, the Quad and Utah very well for you.