Select your style & size:Select options
A top-of-the-line racing boot that optimizes your comfort and power transfer for record-breaking performance.
The Fischer RCS Carbonlite Skate Boot is Fischer's top-of-the-line skate ski offering, specifically designed to optimize racing performance. The boot is constructed for maximum power transfer while offering optimal customizable comfort. Fischer's Race Frame Technology keeps feet as fixed in place as possible to minimize movement that would reduce power transfer, while durable, seamless, and waterproof construction keeps feet comfortable for enhanced performance. The boot's Race Fit features a narrower last and reduced volume to further minimize movement, and the World Cup Carbon Crosslink and Cuff add torsional resistance so power goes straight to the ski. You can customize the fit and canting of the boot thanks to the customizable heel cap that can be heat-molded to your foot, and the dual-sided canting dials on each boot with two settings that enable medial, lateral and up to 4 mm of height adjustments. The hook-and-loop cuff strap and stretch-free ratchet buckle instep strap also help hold your foot in place and control flex for excellent power transfer.
You can quickly and easily slide on and close up the boot thanks to the entry loop, wide-opening design, and zippered closure. The zippered closure is sealed, and along with the Triple F waterproof membrane, ensures your feet stay dry. The Triple F membrane is also breathable and quick-drying so your feet stay comfortable when you're engaging in high-intensity efforts. The Nylex lining features Cleansport NXT odor control that destroys odor-causing bacteria so your boots stay fresh. Cleansport NXT also controls odors on the Thermo insole, which features a fleecy top layer and aluminum-lined lower layer for optimal insulation. The outside of the boot has a new Xcellerator racing sole that is specifically designed for skate and classic skiing, and offers excellent flex and torsional stiffness at a very light weight. Everything about this boot works together to enhance your comfort and optimize your performance, and its durable construction and features that support longevity will keep you powering through many racing seasons.
- World Cup Carbon Crosslink and World Cup Carbon Cuff
- Triple F breathable, waterproof, quick-drying membrane
- Nylex lining with Cleansport NXT odor control
- Race Frame Technology: durable, seamless construction and secure, low-volume fit
- Customizable, thermo-formable internal molded heel cap
- Anatomically shaped cuff embedded in EVA
- Insulating fleecy-top Thermo insole with Cleansport NXT odor control
- Extremely light, skate-specific Xcellerator racing outsole
- Sealed zipper closure
- Hook-and-loop cuff strap and stretch-free ratchet buckle instep strap
- Dual-sided, two-setting canting for individualized cuff adjustment
- Entry loops and wide-opening design for ease of putting on and removing boot
- Item #FIS1788
- Q & A
Would buy again- some ideas for design
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
I switched from the Salomon to NNN binding system for all my skate skis and had to choose a new boot. I chose this over the comparable madshus and alpina models. This boot was actually a little less expensive and I thought had a stiffer sole. Obviously fit should be your most important consideration though.
Design improvement ideas:
-the loop to "fold back" the instep strap is worthless- actually broke the plastic ladder trying to do this. I recommend cutting it off as it just gets caught on stuff anyways
-Instep strap buckle could be moved- when you get your pole plants close to your boot the buckle will hit your pole
-I'd like to see the cuff material fit a bit tighter (if you have skinnier legs it will be a little loose around your calf)
-Quick/stretchy laces on the inner boot would be more comfortable than traditional laces
- Familiarity: I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
I purchased these boots and so did a friend of mine. Absolute garbage! On the second use, on my boots the cheap little garbage ankle strap pulled off the rivet. On my friends second use, the cheap little buckle broke off the screw! Really Fischer? Quality? NOT. Cannot wait to return them to the dealer!
Fischer RCS Carbonlite Skate Boot
Fischer finally gets it right
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
Fischer finally learned that"innovation for innovation's sake" is bad policy: really? a cuffless skate boot? turns out that was a bad idea. Fischer's been playing catch-up to Salomon, Rossignol, Alpina, and other companies for years. With the Carbonlite race boot they've finally delivered.
This boot is as close to perfect as I could ask for. I've raced it in sprints and 50ks, I've trained in it for years, and it always responds well and delivers. Just as importantly, it is more durable than other top racing boots, with the possible exception of Salomon. It does, however, improve on the Salomon buckle design by making it less bulky and lighter-weight, while retaining the control of the Salomon. It doesn't kill your feet, but it still locks your foot in tight.
The main improvements of this boot over past Fischer models that ACTUALLY make a difference:
1) reduced volume makes for a snug fit and better control, focusing your power into the snow.
2) buckle: further controls torsional movement, which is very important in skate skiing.
3) thermo-formable heel cup: I know this sounds like jargon, but the ability to get a really tight fit in the heel is a top feature.
4) they added more black to the design. Finally.
Fischer has arrived on the scene with world class nordic boots.