While your buddy's metal-layered, point-it-and-go skis are the equivalent of serious literature, Faction's Chapter 116 Ski is more of a choose-your-own-adventure plank. With a rockered tip and tail, and generous 116mm waist, it'll start its story off by surfing pristine pow and slamming turns in untouched bowls, but the sturdy sandwich construction and pre-stressed STP core technology give it enough backbone to rally down groomers and bust through crud when the day's story takes a sudden turn for the firm.
Low camber underfoot gives the Chapter some extra bite on hardpack, and the poplar and beech core stays poppy and quick with some tough fiberglass laminates giving it extra snap and stability for big airs and solid stomps. Faction pressed the Chapter with its rocker-and-camber-blending Transition Zones for a super-smooth feel and progressive turn initiation, and it finished the board off with a fast and tough P-Tex 4000 base with steel edges, so the inevitable rocks and logs that you'll ding won't put an end to your session.
- Playful powder skis for creative freeriders
- Wide 116mm waist surfs deep powder with ease
- High tip and tail rocker enhances float and turns quickly
- Slight camber underfoot adds grip on hardpack
- Poplar and beech core is stable and stiff
- Sandwich construction with durable sidewalls
- Item #FSK000Y