- Community Images
Sleep soundly in the outdoors during crazy weather.
- Stormshield fly and bathtub floor are made from waterproof material to keep the elements out
- Strong DAC aluminum poles clip to tent to make pitching simple and quick
- Mesh windows increase ventilation
- Two large D-style doors let you easily get in and out from both sides
- Four internal storage pockets keep your things organized
- Large vestibule and included gear loft keep your gear dry without taking up floor space
- Clip assembly eases setup
- Footprint sold separately
Share your thoughts
Not my fave, going back.
I tried this tent for a good while. It's finally going back. In my opinion the doors on the rain fly are backwards. Maybe it's meant to try to keep you dry, but they suck. Difficult to get in and out of. Not enough vestibule space to keep things dry. Inside there is lots of storage space, pockets and loft. It held up well in wind. Not good in rain. The fly isn't long enough on the sides so the bottom part of tent gets wet. (woke up with a nice wet pillow) The zippers are not great. I just don't love this tent. Going to try for another.
what is the weight?
what is the weight?
5 lbs. 8 oz.
The photo Backcountry loaded is actaully just the Scenic Pass 2, not the 2XT which they actually have. This is a correct photo with the vestibule.
All Around Awesome.. but a Caveat or Two
I like to do my research on things I buy, so I was a little iffy on this guy because of the lack of reviews. This is my first tent and I wanted it to be the best bang for my buck.. and it was. It only took 5 minutes to put up, and even less when I got the hang of it. I took it out for two nights... one night it rained and the other night it dropped below freezing.. both times it stay relatively dry. The side walls that aren't protected by the fly did let a bit of water in.. to me, that isn't a big deal.. especially for this price...
It's a great one person tent.. perfect for me and my bag. For two people, it can get a little tight, but very much do-able. I'm 6'0" and 170 pounds.