- Detail Images
- Community Images
The first line of defense when you hit the slopes.
For a nigh-impenetrable defense against the elements, zip up the Eider Women's Alagna II Jacket before hopping on the first tram of the day. The two-way stretch Defender shell fabric provides wind and waterproof protection, the jacket's relaxed fit enables a full range of ski-specific movements, and the Thermal Control insulation battles cold temps on extra chilly days. If you need to dash downtown after a day on the slopes, just remove the powder skirt for less waist-bulk at the store.
- Two-way stretch 2-layer Defender shell fabric blocks wind and snow when the storms roll through
- Fully taped seams keep wet conditions out
- 150g Thermal Control insulation in the body, sleeves, and hood provides additional warmth on chilly days
- Relaxed fit enables unrestricted skiing movements
- Underarm zips provide ventilation during high-exertion activities
- Removable hood protects in harsh winter weather
- Removable powder skirt with pant connector snaps seals around the hips to keep snow out and stays in the car when you need to dash downtown
- Adjustable cuffs seal around wrists to keep snow out
- An array of pockets include side, chest, ski pass, and an internal goggle pocket
Share your thoughts
Well made but cut is too boxy
- Gender: Female
- Familiarity: I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
I tried to like this jacket...because it was comfortable (cool stretch fabric) and the color was cool however, the fit was too boxy for me. Also, the velcro on the jacket would catch to the fabric of the jacket.
Super soft fleece inside
Snuggly fleece in the collar, shoulders and hood add the perfect additional warmth for when the temps drop and you forgot your hat and scarf. Just pull up the collar- put up the hood and you're set :)
Equal parts ski and style!
The Eider Alagna is the perfect everyday, cool, around town piece that just so happens to be a technical ski jacket! I love how the jacket’s outer Defender Weave material looks more like street wear, but is actually completely waterproof and breathable. On the outside it has a great shape- with interesting detailing & seaming front and back.
On the inside- no area has been left untouched- and it has amazing attention to detail. Eider uses a “Thermal Control System” which puts Thermoceram down the back and around the lower torso. That material reflects heat from the body back into the jacket- in the areas where you tend to lose heat the most. Then in the arms and other high heat/moisture areas there is a lighter insulation so you don’t get to hot. The result is an incredibly comfortable jacket that’s warm without feeling stuffy once you’re moving. The removable hood and powder skirt add to the versatility of the jacket-and the skirt has attachments to hook into your pants (with the benefit of STRETCH at attachment point so you can still move)
My favorite feature of this jacket however is the super soft fleece in the shoulders, collar and hood. It makes so much sense to add those soft fleece touches right where you need them- especially if you’re out and about in town and don’t have a hat!