Select your style & size:Select options
Designed for far more than just wheeling around the terminal.
The airport is full of sheep wheeling their sub-standard carry-ons from gate to gate. The durable and weather-resistant Eagle Creek Tarmac 20 Carry-On Bag will have nothing to do with those fall-apart-after-a-little-adventure bags. The Bi-Tech fabric makes the Tarmac 20 extra tough and abrasion-resistant, while ultra-rugged wheels, skid plate, and travel-tested handles allow you to get off the beaten path without fear. Eagle Creek designed this bag with versatility in mind; a padded front pocket fits up to a 13in laptop, and an additional sleeve gives you room for your tablet. An expanding main compartment adds 15% more storage space when you need it, while a detachable cargo net provides internal compression or attaches to the outside of the bag, keeping your stanky clothes away from your clean ones. While this bag has a wide body and slightly shorter profile, it meets most domestic carry-on standards. A lockable stash pocket allows easy access to your windbreaker, and a key fob with Porter Key bottle opener allows you to crack a cold one once you reach your destination.
- Bi-Tech and Bi-Tech Armor abrasion- and weather-resistant fabrics
- Ultra-rugged wheels, sturdy wheel housing
- Skid plate and bumper protection
- Travel-tested handle system
- Lockable quick stash 3-1-1 pocket
- Coat Keeper
- Key fob with Porter Key bottle opener
- Detachable cargo net
- Padded 13in laptop pocket
- Additional tablet sleeve
- Expandable main compartment
- #10 lockable, self-repairing zippers with finger-friendly pulls
- Reflective safety accents
- Pack-It system integration compatible
- Item #EAG001J
- Q & A
Everything you need in a small carry on
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
I got the 20 in version of the Tarmac because I tend to fly on small regional jets a majority of the time I fly and need it to fit in the overhead. I have at times wished that I would have bought the 22 in version for a little extra room. I can throw a laptop/tablet/book in the front pocket and easily grab it when i need to, and makes getting through security with a laptop a breeze. The material seems like it could stand up to anything.