Ski long, stay warm, and prosper.
Dynafit knows about making lightweight ski-touring and ski-mountaineering gear as much as anyone, so the Vulcan Women's Hooded Down Jacket's insane warmth-to-weight ratio shouldn't be surprising. Somehow, though, it's still tough to believe that the Vulcan weighs under 13oz. It's loaded up with super warm and lofty Downtek down, which traps heat and stays warm even if it gets wet, unlike traditional down, so soggy snow won't spell the end of your warm afternoon. The elastic hem, cuffs, and hood binding prevent heat from escaping and drafts from entering, and a series of three pockets keeps your small ski gear where you can find it.
Of course, all this warm down and storage space is predicated on a killer fabric. In the case of the Vulcan, it's Polarlite, a tough, light, and packable polyester that stands up to tree branches, the occasional rock, and the general wear and tear of touring and travel. It's lined with nylon taffeta, which resists the escape attempts of down and has a smooth face for easy layering, and finished with stretchy Polarlite Microwaffle side panels for killer mobility, because you never know when you'll need to bust out some quick climbing moves or a celebratory first-descent dance.
- Polarlite polyester face fabric
- Polarlite Microwaffle stretch side panels
- Nylon taffeta lining
- 750-fill Downtek down insulation
- Two hand pockets and one chest pocket
- Elastic hem, cuffs, and hood binding
- Reflective stripe
- Item #DNF005P
- Q & A
Vulcan puffer in action!
Warm and cuts the wind too
Great fit, fun colors
October skiing in Telluride, CO
Super warm & super light wonder puffer
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
- Fit: True to size
- Size Bought: XS
This is such a handy little puffer. i say little, but it packs a big punch in the warmth department!
What i love:
1) extremely warm, but not overly bulky.
2) it weighs close to nothing
3) packs up tiny and will fit in really small spaces
4) Fit allows for layering and freedom of movement; multitasks as a warm layer or outer jacket.
5) material is sturdy and i love that this year the Vulcan got a hood.
6) i love the continuity of great colors that will match previous seasons gear!
Mine is in the cactus color, and it's fab! Early season tour in Telluride, and wearing it here with http://www.backcountry.com/dynafit-chugach-ws-pant-womens?skid=DNF005L-FJO-S&ti=U2VhcmNoIFJlc3VsdHM6ZHluYWZpdCBwYW50czoxOjQ6ZHluYWZpdCBwYW50cw==