Bolt hangers can wreck havoc on lightweight wire-gate draws, especially if you're regularly whipping off a project and hang-dogging through sequences. To address the issue, DMM fitted its featherlight Alpha biners with hot-forged solid gates to make the Alpha VW Sport Quickdraw. The combination of durability, easy handling, effortless clipping, and a relatively low weight make this draw the perfect choice for sport climbers who expect their gear to work as hard as they do.
- Alpha biners feature a grippy groove pattern and a bent backbone for easy handling and effortless clipping
- Burly solid gate design on the bolt end stands up to the abuse inflicted by bolt hangers
- Hot-forged bent gate on rope end makes for quick and easy clipping
- Clean nose profile reduces snags for easier clipping and cleaning
- I-beam construction allows for low weight and high strength
- Variable width nylon sling keeps the biners properly aligned
Share your thoughts
My Favorite Quickdraw
- Gender: Male
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
I love the business end carabiner, with its easy clip gate which DMM says is hard to accidentally unclip. DMM makes super high quality stuff, the gate action is solid and smooth and I expect these 'biners to last years and years without any degradation to the action. Suberb sport quickdraw.
Hey just wondering when you will get more...
Hey just wondering when you will get more short DMM Alpha VW Sport Quickdraw's? Cheers
We have a bunch of 12cm draws coming in mid month. Keep checking back around then.
Overall this is a good draw. VW bones eliminate a lot of twisting to keep the biners oriented properly as much as possible. The bolt biner has a solid feel and very smooth action while the rope biner has a deep bend to make clipping a breeze. Almost never have to fiddle with the biner orientation or reclip due to the draw slipping.
When will you be getting more of these in...
When will you be getting more of these in stock?
Use the chat window that pops up to ask stock questions. you'll get a live human that can answer your question on the spot. Since it's Friday, you likely won't get an answer on here from BC staff until Monday.
We have a bunch of 25cm coming in sometime in early May. We have plenty of the other two lengths right now and more coming at the same time as those 25cm.