- Detail Images
- Community Images
A women-specific backpack-suitcase hybrid for the most mobile travelers.
Extended stays in Aruba and hostel-hopping through Asia sound nice, but you only want to take one bag. It should be the extremely versatile and comfortable Deuter Women's Traveler 55+ 10 SL Backpack. Fully adjustable, fully padded, breathable women-specific SL Variquick suspension ensures that the 40-pound weight limit doesn't destroy your back as you lug your life from train to plane to bus. Its main compartment expands for things you pick up along the way, and the detachable daypack works great for day hikes and excursions.
- Variquick adjustable shoulder harness provides custom adjustment to match your individual back length and can be completely concealed when you check it at the airport or train station
- Internal X-Frame gives this big pack a rigid structure so it remains solid on your back despite the big load
- SL Women's Fit includes a shorter back length and a curve-accommodating harness to match female frames (as well as smaller males)
- Padded, 3D Airmesh shoulder harness, back panel, and waist-belt encourage breathability for a cool, comfortable trek to the train station with your fully loaded pack
- Pivoting waist-belt moves with your maneuvers while successfully transferring the weight of the load to your legs
- Removable shoulder strap (not backpack strap) features padding so you can carry the pack like a duffel bag
- Large, front U-shaped zipper provides easy front access to the pack
- Removable, hydration-compatible daypack features soft shoulder straps, a breathable back panel, a front pocket, and two water bottle pockets, and it can be buckled onto the front of the pack to help you store additional gear or clothing
- Expandable main compartment provides 610cu in (10L) of additional storage space for month-long stays on foreign soil
- Bottom-accessed sleeping bag compartment holds your bag, shoes, or other gear you want to keep separate from the main compartment; includes an internal zippered divider
- Internal luggage stabilizer straps cinch down your clothing during flights or long treks across foreign cities
- Zippered mesh pockets on the inside store accessories, socks, or dirty clothes separate from the rest of your gear
- Side compression straps shrink the load into a solid, manageable pack for shorter treks and also double as gear attachment points
- Three grab handles enable easy loading and unloading when traveling by car or bus
- Fits torso sizes between 13.5-20in
Share your thoughts
Good for off-the-grid travel
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
Deuter’s Traveller 55+ 10 has the toughness, portability, comfort and organizational skills needed to handle planes, trains, and automobiles. The Traveller 55 carries like out other Deuter packs- well! Weight transfers to the hips and it’s easy to put on/take off. When it’s time to check in/load, a quick zipper flap protects all the back straps and three well-place/beefy luggage handles turn this backpack into a suitcase. We haven’t gotten any weird looks/push back from Airline personnel. They grab it and load it! The zippers are big and strong; the pack has compression straps which keep the pressure of an overfilled pack off the zippers. The interior of the pack has several sections that can be combined or separated to keep you belongings well organized. It can easily handle 45 pounds of gear. And it also comes with a great daypack – this little guy unzips from the main body, has a ventilated pack, and is a perfect vacation day pack. This is a big upgrade from duffel bags and normal backpacks; but its a little heavy to use as a pure backpacking backpack.
I bought this pack for a short trip to Denali, thinking it would be versatile enough to use as a carry-on also. Unfortunately, it's 6lb. wt. makes it feel quite heavy empty. Plus, with it stuffed, I'm afraid it won't be viewed as a carry-on by the airlines, I'd have to check it and that defeats my purpose. I am staying with Deuter (great adjustments and super comfortable), but choosing a lighter weight pack that feels more comfortable. I am 5'9'' and so I think that Deuter packs are wonderful for us tall ladies because of the shoulder strap adjustability. If I had the money to spend on two packs right now, I would keep this one.