- Detail Images
- Community Images
Not a fair-weather pack, this one goes the distance for business or pleasure.
When you have the time, you squeeze every second out of it. On the trail that means equipping yourself with all the essentials in the Deuter Women's Trans Alpine 26 SL Backpack, which comfortably carries your essentials for a day's long trek or tour. You're prepared to cover serious ground with the Trans Alpine's women-specific, super-ventilated, ultra-comfy, and stable back system, along with tons of pockets, an internal zippered divider to keep your dirty gear away from your goodies and dry layers, and an integrated rain cover. And when the time comes to go to work or school, this pack is ready for the commute.
- Airstripes ventilated carrying system consists of dual waffle-structure foam stripes covered with cooling AirMesh for maximum heat transfer and minimal surface contact with your back
- Air channel between the two back panel foam stripes allows heat to rapidly escape in a chimney effect
- Shoulder straps with anti-chafe pads and hip belt feature contoured mesh to reduce sweating as they secure the pack when you ride, run, or hike
- Women-specific design that features narrower and shorter spaces between straps (both vertically and horizontally), S-shaped shoulder straps, and a curved hip-belt for maximum comfort
- Moldable internal stays stabilize and support load
- Ample 25-pound carrying capacity lets you bring the a full day's essentials, whether commuting, touring, or just want to be prepared for anything
- Bottom-access compartment with zip internal divider keeps muddy or wet gear from mussing up the rest of your gear
- Ballistic nylon stands up to extreme abuse
- Integrated, detachable rain cover keeps your gear dry in a storm
- Works with your hydration system to keep you quenched (reservoir not included)
- Neoprene front helmet stuff-it flaps give your head a break during a mellow uphill or a spot to stash the headgear after your commute
- Removable foam back panel sitting pad gives you a seat where you take in the view
- Two front with zippered security, hipbelt, and side mesh pockets secure essentials during your activity
- 3M reflector loop adds visibility in low light
Share your thoughts
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
I absolutely love the features of the pack! I have lived out of this backpack for two month of the summer for the past two summers and am excited to use it for two months this summer. I am an archaeologist so I use this pack as my day/work backpack. I am excavating in Northern England (where the weather is a constant surprise), so I always carry a rain gear and warmer layers (when it is nice out) in the bag, along with my lunch and other supplies, from our campsite to our dig site. It definitely can carry a full load! The design of the bag's interior compartments is ideal for optimal efficient use. (I used another pack--same size--my first summer, but the space was just not usable/practical.) And I love the exterior straps for strapping my rain coat and pants when the rain has stopped, but they are still a bit wet. The pack's rain jacket is also downpour proof! I also like that the bottom zipper allows me to pull out items from the bottom, and the interior divider allow me to keep my lunch or clean clothes away from dirty clothes. I have done some light hiking with the pack, and it is very comfortable. (I am 5'9" and 155 lb athletic built.) I highly recommend it!
- Familiarity: I returned this product before using it
I am 5'6" & 130# female and this pack fit odd...too short? Support in the wrong places. Hip belt fit more around my waist at my belly button than my hips...could fix it by adjusting top straps, but then pack didn't feel secure. Just uncomfortable. I'm an experienced hiker & this is not my first Deuter, & I love the others. Tag claims this one is award-winning for mountain biking...I didn't use it for biking, & bc description didn't focus on that. This one is going back.