Any faster, and you'd be hearing sirens behind you.
- Removable Delrin U frame cuts weight while boosting flexibility
- 3D Air Mesh shoulder straps and close-fitting, padded mesh back for comfort
- Detachable waist-belt and sternum strap for urban use
- Hexlite 210 fabric is lightweight with a PU coating to make it water-resistant
- Zip outer pocket has a key ring to keep your keys secure
- Mesh side pockets hold a water bottle or energy bar
- Loops let you attach a bike or climbing helmet with an optional mesh netting attachment (sold separately)
- Internal SOS label helps remind you how to signal properly in the event of an emergency
- Flexible frame means you can stow the Speed Lite away in your duffel
- Item #DTR0132
- Q & A
- Familiarity: I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
The Deuter speedlite 20 is the perfect pack for those days when you need to go fast and light. I could barely till i was wearing it,yet it had enough room for all i needed to carry. Even in snowy,cold conditions it stayed dry and with the loops tied around the zippers my gear was easy to get to with big gloves on and cold fingers. by Mike Livella
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
The size is good for a day pack. It carries the essentials for a short day hike or exploring the city for a day.
- Shoulder straps can cut a little in to your shoulders where the padding ends. Also, the dangling end of the shoulder strap pulls can whip your arms when you walk. I haven't had this in a day pack before which is why I noticed it. Likely the type of fit this pack had to my body (5'8", 160 lbs)
- Mesh side pockets are a little far behind for a convenient reach when wearing the pack. I had to remove the pack each time I wanted my water bottle.
- Breathability while wearing it is only OK. I'm not prone to excessive sweating so the pack could use a better design for the area in contact with my back
- The front stretch pocket is useless. The openings on either side are small so you really have to work to stuff a jacket or anything larger than a compass, pocket knife, sunscreen, or SMALL water bottle in to this pocket.
- Compression straps were convertible and useful for carrying a jacket outside the pack.
- Overall weight and feel of the pack was good
- The 'inverted' shape of the pack (smaller at the bottom) allowed for a comfortable fit, but also likely contributed to the shoulder strap ends whipping my arms when I walked.
Overall: decent, not great. Still looking for the 'ideal' small day pack for me.
Deuter Speed Lite
Lightweight & easily packed
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
I bought this bag to use on a trip to Thailand and for day-hikes. After packing my full-sized backpack full of stuff, I was still able to compress the Deuter for daily use upon arrival. The Speed Lite holds all the gear I need for a day whether I'm trekking through a foreign city or a national park.
A perfect all around little pack.
I have used the Speed Lite 20 going on three years now and it still is the perfect day pack. Whether I'm going fishing or tooling around town with my 4 year old, there is always room in it for what I need to bring. I also bring it along on longer backpacking trips. It folds down to almost nothing and weighs just about nothing so it doesn't take up much space in my larger pack. Then while I go out on the hunt for trout I can stuff it with my lunch, fly fishing equipment, water and whatever else I might need for a day of fishing the high country. This is definitely one of those must have packs!
A pleasure to use
Great backpack. Use it for hiking in the tropics. Love the accessibility of the pockets. Holds a beach towel, a beach sheet, book, hat, sunblock, garmin, plus room for more. Highly recommend. So comfortable, cool, and light.
Speed Lite 20
All Around Ultra Light Pack
I like it for it's simplicity, not to many zippers or pockets, just enough, pack seems quality constructed, fits and rides well, love the contour design for freedom of arm movement. Also removable waist best is something all day packs should consider, awsome feature. Can't wait to see if I canwear it out.
light and comfortable
Incredible day pack for hiking
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
Simply the best day pack I have ever owned. This pack edges out the many others on the market because it is sleek but still has functional external mesh water bottle holders. You don't need to take the pack off to access them. I also use a hydration sleeve (not included) but I like to have water bottles as well. Big enough to fit a jacket, camera, lunch, and tons of water. The back panel and shoulder straps are super comfy, and there is no excess bulk to the pack. If you hit the trails outside the US, you'll see Deuter packs everywhere.
Speed Lite 20 good for the gimp !
I have been Crutching around for over 8 weeks the speed lite 20 has been my savior . From the couch to Costa Rica this thing carried all the stuff I need ( beers fit real nice in the side pockets) It comfortable packable and will be my peak bagger when i get back on two feet !
Deuter Speed Lite
Front stretch pocket
Illustration of back system
Great day hike backpack holds my kindle some snacks water and a camera rides pleasantly!
Every detail on this pack is well thought out from the clips to the stitch. Female end of the clips are stitched with protective material underneath so the clip does not rub the fabric. The zippers are pulled by large string loops, big enough for your finger to fit with a glove on. A fabric strap pulls out of the bottom of the bag on the front to attach items. Equipped with reservoir pouch and tube clip on shoulder strap. The chest straps vertical adjustment by using thick sturdy piping attached by a rigid plastic c-clip. Makes my current 6 year old pack, well look like it's 6 years old. This Deuter is a BMW, my old one is Corolla.
I immediately removed the waste strap, because I wouldn't need it for my use. I had to run the extra strap length through the clips on the top sides of the pack.
All in all can't wait to use the pack but it looks great, fits good (5' 11" 170) and is just big enough for your supplies for a day skiing, hiking, biking, or lounging by the pool.
I'm a small woman, 5 ft tall, 105 lbs....
I'm a small woman, 5 ft tall, 105 lbs. Will this pack fit my frame?
Does any know where I can find the HELMET...
Does any know where I can find the HELMET HOLDER for the Deuter Speed Lite packs?
I'm not sure if the Deuter Helmet Holder is compatible with the Speed Lite 20, but you can get it here: http://www.outdoorgb.com/p/Deuter_Helmet_Holder/?utm_source=froogle&utm_medium=directory&utm_content=USA¤cy=USD&country=USA&SelectedBundle=168877