- Detail Images
- Community Images
A comfortable, reliable slackcountry pack so you can put your gear and avy training to use.
Even when you're prepared, a quick, deep lap outside the gates doesn't take much gear. The Deuter Provoke 16 Backpack easily stows your shovel and probe within easy reach while also providing the option to attach skis or a board and also hold a few extras like water, extra layers, and even your goggles. Pack up the essentials in this sleek sidecountry pack and find a knowledgeable partner that's willing to hoof it for over-your-head turns.
- Padded and breathable back panel feels good as you ski or ride all day long
- Adjustable, padded shoulder harness and low-profile waist-belt enable exceptional all-day comfort
- Side compression straps enable diagonal ski carry or vertical snowboard-snowshoe carry arrangements
- Internal avy gear organization features a shovel, probe, and handle sleeve so can easily get to it in an emergency or practice scenario
- Padded pack carries all your slackcountry or sidecountry essentials and only weighs 2lb 3oz
- Durable Polytex and ripstop fabrics shed snow and withstand abuse from touring
- Hydration compatibility lets you pipe your water reservoir (sold separately) to your mouth with help from its neoprene-insulated shoulder sleeve
- Top fleece-lined pocket holds your goggles or sunglasses without scratching them
- Ice axe/trekking pole loops attach your tools to the pack when not in use
Share your thoughts
Not much snow but ice was nice
A little low angle ice training at June Lake during last season's snow-challenged winter with the Provoke. Slim profile, carries well, big enough to go light with
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
The Deuter Provoke 16 is an excellent backpack for skiing or on the mountain. Firstly, it is made with high quality products and the finish and attention to detail is superb. The backpack is extremely functional, with many internal pockets for all your stuff. The google pocket is fleecy lined to protect your goggles and is easily accessible on the top of the pack. The pack is well designed with many of the straps hidden when not in use, so less chance of snagging on ski-lifts. The straps and waist harness are very comfortable and your water is easily accessible and not frozen due to the neoprene cover on one of the shoulder straps. In summary, an almost faultless backpack.