- Detail Images
- Community Images
Designed with the way up and the way down in mind.
The Deuter Guide 35+ Backpack can be tailored to suit the needs of technical alpine climbers, backcountry skiers, or both in ski-mountaineering scenarios. Air channeled foam strips provide comfort and ventilation while the innovative Variflex hip-belt pivots with your body's movements, allowing you to maintain balance while climbing or ripping turns. The hip-belt gear loops keep equipment close at hand, and the side-access zipper allows you to grab your puffy without dumping everything out in the snow.
- Alpine Back System provides the durability and comfort for technical climbing and skiing excursions
- Variflex hip-belt pivots to follow your movements, allowing you to maintain balance while climbing or skiing
- Air channeled foam strips reduce contact with your back for enhanced ventilation
- Removable foam back panel can be used as sitting pad
- Aluminum X-frame provides the necessary support for heavy loads up to 35 pounds
- Top access allows for easy packing
- Side-access zipper allows you to get gear without dumping everything out in the snow
- Top lid has an optional strap for easy rope storage
- Hydration-compatible system allows for convenient thirst quenching (reservoir not included)
- Internal lid pocket can safely stow valuables
- Hip-belt gear loops keep climbing gear close at hand
- Wide ski slots provide a secure vertical ski carry system
- New-school attachment points are designed to securely stow leashed and leashless ice tools
Share your thoughts
Deuter Guide Video
Hard to beat
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
Especially for the price, this pack is hard to beat for a super versatile climber's pack. its comfy, has nice expansion capabilities, and holds up very well.