- Detail Images
- Community Images
Beefed-up support for big loads and ventilating comfort for long hikes.
Built to let fresh air flow between you and the pack, as well as comfortably support heavier loads, the Deuter Futura Pro 42 Backpack keeps you charging on the trail during day hikes or overnight
treks. With a ventilating AirComfort Futura Pro mesh back panel and mesh-covered shoulder straps and hip-belt padding, you won't drown in sweat. The beefed-up suspension system comfortably handles up to 35 pounds of gear, and the padded shoulder straps and hip belt work together to distribute the weight in the right places. The hip belt pivots, following your movements to keep your load balanced on uneven terrain, and the sternum strap prevents the backpack from shifting side-to-side. Compression straps on the sides and hip-belt secure or
reduce the volume of your load so items inside don't move around.
Plenty of pockets allow you keep your gear organized while providing separated spots for smaller or wet items that you don't want intermingling in the main compartment. Trekking pole and ice tool loops on the side of the backpack hold your poles and tools, and you can attach additional tools or carabiners to the loops on the lid. If the weather's drizzly when you hit the trail, the backpack's water-resistant fabric and lid protects contents inside, and an integrated rain cover offers added protection if the drizzle turns into a downpour. The backpack is compatible with your hydration reservoir, and includes a reflective attachment for your drinking tube so you can easily find it if you're out on the trail before sunrise or after sundown.
- Ergonomic shoulder straps and pivoting hip belt with mesh-covered padding
- Sternum strap, side/hip-belt compression straps, and load adjustment straps
- Fits torso lengths ranging from 17 to 20 inches
- AirComfort Futura Pro suspension (spring steel wire and horizontal stay)
- Ventilating mesh back panel
- Holds up to 35 pounds of gear for day hikes or overnight treks
- Top access with protective lid
- Rugged and water-resistant nylon and polyester fabrics with PU coating
- Integrated, detachable rain cover
- Hydration reservoir compatible; reflective attachment for drinking tube
- Zippered, separated bottom compartment, front pocket, and hip-belt pockets
- Lid pocket,stretch side pockets and internal valuables pocket
- Ice tool and trekking pole loops, tool loops on lid