Nobody wants to hike with a sweaty back or an ill-fitting pack.
With an ergonomic, women-specific fit, ventilating comfort, and multiple organizational compartments, the Deuter Women's Futura 30 SL Backpack will keep you fresh and organized during long hikes and overnight trips. The backpack's ventilating AirComfort mesh back panel and
supportive yet nimble FlexLite suspension system will keep you
comfortable and charging on to the end of the trail. Designed to fit smaller torso heights ranging from 14.5 to 18 inches, the backpack also has narrower shoulder straps with soft lined edges that are set closer together to suit female or smaller hikers, and the hip-belt is specially shaped and positioned to better fit a woman's hips. The ergonomic
shoulder straps and hip-belt with mesh-covered foam padding efficiently
distribute the weight of your load while offering breathable comfort.
The shoulder straps not only adjust to fit your body shape, they are
adjustable to suit loads of varying sizes and weights. The sternum strap
keeps the backpack from shifting from side to side on uneven terrain,
and the side compression straps secure your load and reduce volume if
tightened down to keep items inside from moving around.
The Futura 30 holds up to 25 pounds of gear, and offers a number of pockets and compartments to separate out smaller or wet items. Keep your cell phone or snack bar quick-at-hand in the convenient hip-belt pocket, and stash your wallet in the protected internal valuables pocket. Trekking pole and ice tool loops on the side of the backpack hold your poles and tools, and you can attach additional tools or carabiners to the loops on the lid. If the weather's drizzly when you hit the trail, the backpack's water-resistant fabric and lid protects contents inside, and an integrated rain cover offers added protection if the drizzling turns into a downpour. The backpack is compatible with your hydration reservoir, and includes a reflective attachment for your drinking tube so you can easily find it if you're out on the trail before sunrise or after sundown.
- Women-specific shoulder straps and hip belt with mesh-covered padding
- Sternum strap, side compression straps, and load adjustment straps
- Fits torso lengths ranging from 14.5 to 18 inches
- AirComfort Flex Lite suspension (spring steel wire and flat-profile frame)
- Ventilating mesh back panel
- Holds up to 25 pounds of gear for day hikes or overnight treks
- Top access with protective lid
- Rugged and water-resistant nylon and polyester fabrics with PU coating
- Integrated, detachable rain cover
- Hydration reservoir compatible; reflective attachment for drinking tube
- Zippered, separated bottom compartment, lid pocket, and stretch side pockets
- Hip-belt pocket and internal valuables pocket
- Ice tool and trekking pole loops, tool loops on lid
- Item #DTR000F
- Q & A
Winter trek on The Appalachian Trail.
Up in the Berkshires, Mass, Appalachian Trail by Tyringham.
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
This is an incredibly comfortable pack. I use this pack primarily for fall and winter day hikes when there's that need to layer and delayer a lot! On one hike in particular, i had about 18lbs in it, going up a steep trail in the snow, and I honestly couldn't feel the weight. On that trek, i was able to fit a Sea to Summit TK II, extra clothes, food and water in the pack without issue.
It seems pretty durable too because I've put it through a lot and it's in really good shape, no rips, pulls or tears and still looks brand new.
Great pack for young Boy Scouts
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
This is a great pack for young Boy Scouts, that is, if you can get them to accept that it was designed for women. Deuter attaches a flower to womens packs so dispose of this before giving it as a gift.
Plenty of room for stuff and fits the adolescent torso just right. I can't fault anything on this pack; it's built like a tank. I would give it 5 stars if it were just a little bit lighter.