Did someone say free bird?
- X-Frame aluminum stays have a curved profile that helps fit the natural shape of your back while supporting weight
- Vari-Flex hip fins pivot with your hips so you get maximum freedom of motion for hiking, touring, and sliding
- Hot air escapes up and away from your back thanks to an empty 'chimney' between the padded foam strips on that back panel
- Load adjuster straps on the shoulder and hip fins allow you to fine-tune the weight distribution
- A removable, insulated sitting mat provides back cushioning and slides out so you always have dry seating handy
Share your thoughts
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
pros: Nice pockets/layout. Great size for side country or day trips. All of the zippers and features seem very solid.
cons: I have a 159 board and the straps are not wide enough to properly hold the board. I've made it work, but it is not ideal. Also, waist straps are pretty weak when you're carrying a good size load.
The pack is very adjustable and overall is quite comfortable to carry. Construction of the pack is good and materials feel burly. Back channel does help venting and keeps things cool. The board straps are well built and held my board well. Although the pack does not have a helmet net, you can use the bungee above the top board strap to lash your helmet, which is pretty handy for the hike up. Space is sufficient for all your avy gear and whatnots but I wouldnt say the bag is spacious...rather that its just about right.
Overall, really like pack and the only things that I wish this bag had was an insulated sleeve for the hydration tube in the strap, fleece in the goggle pocket, and a hip belt pocket. Then it would be perfect.
I am 5'4 with a 15-16 size torso, will...
I am 5'4 with a 15-16 size torso, will this pack be too big?
I think the pack may just be a tiny bit too big for you...
Nice so far....
Picked this pack up and so far I've been very pleased with it. I needed a new winter day pack that was around 25-30l and this fit the bill. All my other packs are dakine or black diamond and I must say I really like the features on this pack. Good shoulder straps, good balance when carrying skis, enough pockets for everything and the entire pack seems pretty durable. Wouldn't hesitate on another deuter pack.
im not a professional at anything... can...
im not a professional at anything... can i still wear this backpack?
Of course! The "pro" in the description is simply referring the long list of features.