- Detail Images
Heed the call of untamed terrain knowing you're prepared.
It dumped four feet of fresh powder two days ago, and the avy forecasters are finally saying things have settled down. Grab Deuter's Freerider Pro 30 Backpack, and grab untracked lines. A shovel pocket with a separate probe sleeve means you can quickly access your shovel to perform your snow stability tests or dig out a pit stop. Multiple options exist for lashing down your preferred mode of snow travel, be it a board, skis, or snowshoes. The full back-entry zipper lets you get inside your pack without having to remove your gear from the front.
- Alpine Back System maximizes stability and ventilation with two air-channeled foam strips for long-lasting comfort without long-lasting sweat
- A-frame ski carry or side ski carry via side straps allows you to adjust your gear to suit the conditions
- Vertical snowboard carry for a more streamlined profile, reducing the possibility of your board catching on branches or other people
- Fits torso lengths 16-21 inches
- Removable VariFlex pivoting hip belt allows the pack to move with you, not against you, for added stability and proper pack carry (so your shoulders don't fatigue from the weight)
- Adjustments on the shoulder straps and hip fins allow you to fit the pack to your body
- 1850 cubic inches of storage means you begin your adventure prepared to the best of your ability: layers, snacks, and a thermos of warm tea still leave room for extras
- Full back-entry gives you unfettered access to the entire pack, not just a top-down view, more strategic packing, and pack access when your gear is strapped to the front
- Durable 420 ballistic polyamide fabric withstands wear and tear from tree branches and ski bindings
- Hydration compatible, reservoir not included
- Side stretch pockets hold a water bottle or thermos or skins, leaving room for layers inside your pack
- Front shovel compartment provides a designated resting spot for your avalanche shovel, leaving the interior of the pack available for stowing layers or extra goggles
- 3 internal security pockets let you secure lots of important things, like car keys, SD cards, ID, cash, or credit cards
- Fleece-lined goggle holder protects your goggles from scratches
- Detachable full-face helmet holder lets your bring along a helmet without having to wear it on the way up
- 2 removable tool loops allow you to customize the pack based on the day's agenda
Share your thoughts
Move over Black Diamond
I have had Chounard, Black Diamond for thirty years, but now I have switched over. This pack has everything, especially side mesh pockets for water bottles, supurb straps for snowboard carry, helmet holder, and goggle pocket. Loving the pack.
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
Have toured and hiked with this bag on short day/half day trips and enjoyed using it. The ski carry system works really well even with big fat pow skis. The shovel compartment fits all your avy gear nicely with room to chuck a few extra bits in if needed. The bag has plenty enough room for extra layers/goggles/food/water etc etc .