- Detail Images
- Community Images
A bomber backcountry day pack with a removable PSA-Back Protector.
Whether you prefer skis or a snowboard to help you fulfill your powder-shredding needs, rely on the quality, durability, and support of the Deuter Descentor EXP 22. This 22-26 liter pack has more than enough room to securely hold everything you need for a day of thrills and chills. Designed to carry skis, a snowboard, or even large snowshoes, the Descentor EXP takes pride in its versatility and features a removable Shield back system to help minimize or prevent injury when things just don't go your way on the ski or ride down.
- Includes removable Shield back system which helps to minimize or prevent injury during high-risk sports
- PSA-Back Protector is TUV-inspected and CE-certified and features mutli-layer construction to deliver solid shock absorption and provide the basis for the protective function
- Adjustable, padded shoulder straps and comfy neoprene waist belt offer a secure, comfortable, and supportive fit
- Large front compartment stashes and organizes your shovel, shovel handle, and probe
- Expandable 22 to 26L pack has enough space for all of your avy gear, spare goggles, lunch, puffy, extra gloves, and other small essentials for a full day of touring
- Super-Polytex and Macrolite materials supply a strong, durable pack that you can count on for years of touring
- An internal hydration sleeve holds your water bladder (not included), while a neoprene-insulated shoulder strap helps ensure your hydration tube doesn't freeze up
- Carry your gear any way you like: side, diagonal or front for skis, and vertical or horizontal for snowboard
- Helmet-holder loops carry your brain bucket
- A fleece-lined pocket stores your spare goggles or shades and three internal zippered security pockets helps keep your small backcountry essentials organized
- 3M Reflective Safety Blink Attachment and removable tool loop for convenience
Share your thoughts
Descentor at Mammoth
Headed Down Chair 23 last season with the Descentor. It was nice to have the extra back protection last season with the bony conditions.
Deuter Descentor EXP 22 - 1340-1590cu in
Solid Expandable Pack
From home to the airport, and to the slopes I expand the pack to 26L to hold a pair of gloves, beanies, a jacket, insulated pants, a water bottle and a down mid layer (in the external front compartment for easy access when it gets chilly) - fully laden at 5 to 6kg. On the slopes, I trim the pack back down to 22L to hold riding essentials like water, a midday snack, my GoPro/ Contour (when not attached)/ Samsung S3 in the padded front pocket, and there's still space for my helmet when I take it off to hike. I don't remove the Shield system and weight was not an issue. Overall, this is one tough pack that has seen me through 12-hour flights (to & back each), 5 solid days out on the snow, and likely able to take way much more as we go along.