- Detail Images
- Community Images
Be more prepared for long backcountry laps or big mountain ascents and descents.
The longer the tour, the more rewarding it can be, but it also requires more gear to keep you safe and comfortable. The Deuter Cruise 30 Backpack features 1850 cubic inches (30L) of storage space, so you can find perfect untracked turns with all your avy gear, food, and layers stored comfortably on your back. Its dedicated shovel pocket, ski-snowboard carrying capabilities, and back panel access enable everyday backcountry use, and a cushy, breathable Alpine Back System ensure comfort during powdery laps or more ambitious alpine descents.
- Alpine Back System features a padded back panel and two foam strips with a ventilation channel between them that draws cool air in and expels hot air out like a chimney
- Adjustable shoulder harness and waist belt feature anatomically shaped pads for exceptional all-day comfort
- Back panel hemispherical access to the main compartment lets you get to layers, crampons, or snacks while your skis/board is/are attached to the front of the pack
- Top lid with a spindrift collar lets you load the pack like a traditional top-loading pack
- Ski loops (130mm wide) and wrap-around compression straps enable an A-frame-style ski carry or vertical snowboard/snowshoe carry arrangement
- Padded pack carries up to 28lbs on the longer alpine approaches and only weighs 2lb 10oz
- Foam back panel can be removed for use as a bivy mat
- Durable ripstop and Polytex fabrics shed snow and withstand abuse from mountaineering for years of rugged use
- Hydration compatible pack lets you pipe your water reservoir (sold separately) to your mouth during backpacking or warm-weather tours
- Front pocket holds your shovel and avalanche probe where you can easily get to it in an emergency or practice scenario
- Top lid features a main pocket to stow a map or headlamp and also includes a security pocket on the underside to hide valuables
- Two side stretch water bottle pockets hold your liquids within quick reach
- Ice axe and trekking pole loops attach your tools to the pack when not in use
- Climbing gear loops on the waist belt hold hardware during more vertical alpine ascents and descents
- Four side compression straps lock down the load to keep it feeling solid while skiing or climbing
- Pack fits torso sizes between 16-21in long
Share your thoughts
Deuter Cruise 30 Backpack
What are the dimensions of this pack's...
What are the dimensions of this pack's bag?
This packs dimensions are 8.5 x 24.5 x 12 inches. Though the collar will allow you some extra room if you need it. Hope this helps.
Incredible Day Pack!
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
There are so many reasons why I love this pack. First off, it's the perfect size (30L) for a day pack. Stuff in some extra clothing, first aid kit, gators, some lunch, 3 Platypus Bladder, snacks, knife, headlamp, etc. and hit the trail. The back frame unzips, allowing for quick entry into the innards of the pack without dealing with opening the whole thing, taking gear out, etc. It has a very narrow profile to it and hugs your back. If you're using your arms a lot, you won't feel your elbows rub up against the pack at all. I use this pack every weekend for hiking and hitting outdoor rock - it's perfect. This was my first Deuter pack and won't be my last!