For the adventurer who doesn't have time to waste on inferior gear.
- SL women-specific fit system consists of waist-belt anchor points that are set closer together and slightly curved upward, a pre-curved waist-belt in a conical shape, narrow shoulder width, and S-shaped shoulder straps
- Aircontact system uses an anatomically shaped X-frame for support
- Ample pockets keep your essentials organized and at the ready
- Hydration-compatible design for less stops so you can get to camp in time to enjoy the sunset
- Variquick adjustable shoulder harness helps you quickly find the optimal fit (adjusts from 16-21in)
- Multiple access points for quick gear retrieval and storage
- Integrated rain cover keeps your week's worth of clothes and gear safe and dry
- Item #DTR0168
- Q & A
Practical, comfortable, and stylish!
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
I got this pack in the red color, and I love the style. The complimentary flower was a nice addition, as well ;) I am 5' 6, 115 pounds, and I found this pack to be a great fit! The back is very adjustable, and it rested on my hips comfortably without straining my back or my shoulders. This is the first pack that I have not had issues with rubbing or chaffing. I took this pack all over Europe for two months this summer, and I was able to sinch it down enough to qualify for a carry on! At the same time, it has a lot of capacity for expansion, so I was able to bring a lot of goodies home with me. I love the bottom compartment-- it fits my Big Agnes sleeping bag perfectly and gave me access to the bottom of my pack so that I did not have to rummage through everything to get to something at the bottom. Also, the top lays flat, which offers backpacking kitties a nice place to perch ;)
Great pack, bad fit
This pack has great features, including the sleeping bag compartment, gear loops, and front loading. However, the adjustable spine of the pack simply did not work for me. I am a petite woman, around 5'5, 115lbs. I adjusted the spine all the way down, resulting in a foot and a half of back above my shoulders. This caused me to carry way too much weight on my shoulders and threw off my balance pretty badly when hiking.
Height Adjustable Lid
Daisy Chain Attachment Options
Bottom Compartment Access
Integrated, Detachable Rain Cover
Aircontact Back System
Variquick Adjustable Shoulder Harness
Variquick Adjustable Shoulder Harness
Stretch Side Pocket
Large U-Shaped Front Panel Access
Aircontact Back System Illustrated
SL Women's Fit Details
Variflex Pivoting Hip Belt
Word of Warning for Petite Women
- Familiarity: I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
I rented this pack for a weekend backpacking trip in Joshua Tree, and this pack was the worst. I'm glad I rented the pack before purchasing anything so now I have a good idea of what I want in a pack, and this is definitely not it. I am 5'4" ~120lbs, and because it is one-size-fits-all pack, I had the pack set to the lowest possible setting, and all of the weight of my pack was above my shoulders, making it extremely uncomfortable. All of the women on the trip rented the same pack, and for taller ladies, it seemed to be just fine, but for all the petite women, the hike in to camp was a nightmare (on top of all our own gear, we all carried 10 liters of water- around 25 lbs extra weight!).
The fit of the pack is really the only thing that I have a complaint about. The sleeping bag compartment fit my compressed bag and sleeping pad easily. There are plenty of compression straps to help keep everything stable. The detachable lumbar pack was a nice feature. The water bottle holders were too far back for me to reach with the pack on, but I just had a buddy grab it for me, so it wasn't too big of an issue. There was ample room for all of my gear.
Does this pack have an internal frame?...
Does this pack have an internal frame? Does it transfer weight to the hips well? Does the pack sag under weight?